Documents

Do I need to send the OR any documents before my telephone interview? I just want to be as prepared as possible. Also what sort of questions are they likely to ask? My case is quite simple and debts have just built up over a number of years, emergency repair work on house before we sold it, working less hours t
due to having kids. I have tried balance transfers to keep interest down to pay more off balance but never seemed to get far etc. So no luxury holidays or gambling etc

Comments

• jayzor
    jayzor Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    They will send you a number of documents after your telephone interview, you don’t need to do anything before.

One thing you need to prepare for having been through this myself is living within your means moving forward, because you simply won’t be able to get credit when times get hard during your bankruptcy and they did for me, you will have no where to go unless family can help.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Top Tips for OR telephone interview:
    1. Lock the dogs in the garden/spare room especially if they bark at every living thing that passes the window like ours
    2. Small children need to at a baby sitters or out of the house with a loved one
    3. Lock the doors so a neighbour/friend/relative doesn’t come swanning in unannounced for a coffee.
    4. If you have a land line and a mobile - turn the one you are not using off - or its sods law the one you are not using will ring (again…and again…)
    5. Have charging cable handy if using mobile or fully charged handset if using cordless landline. My interview was nearly an hour, some get 10 mins, some get a couple of hours – depends on the case and the OR.
    6. Have pen and paper to hand
    7. Have glass of water to hand (I got so nervous dry mouth)
    8. Have a copy of your SoA and BR application to hand
    9. Don’t feel the need to keep talking - there will be gaps in the conversation while the OR makes notes
    10. Try and be as relaxed as possible – doing the OR interview in the stationary cupboard or the loo at work will not work. Make sure you are warm and dry and sitting comfortably somewhere.
    11. And go to the loo BEFORE they ring…
  • RattyIrk
    RattyIrk Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post
    First thing is the interview will probably not be as difficult as you think it will be. It is an initial chat to go through your circumstances and check some things from your BR application. As others have said there will be a follow up form and questions.

I literally emailed them everything relating to my circumstances I could think of with an explanatory letter. In my case that helped as it anticipated a lot of what he would have asked and gave him the accompanying paperwork.

My interview was in person which I personally find easier than by telephone but I appreciate for many it is the other way around.

I am partway through my year but have found dealing with the OR fine. They are just people doing their job and provided you are open with them seem ok. I did my financial questionnaire. I had a few follow up questions emailed through to me which I responded to. I had to buy back my car and a life insurance policy but that was straightforward. Been quiet since then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure