How do nhs dentist work

2»

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Yep, and England pays for it through the Barnett formula. That will change if you ever become independent.
    The only free thing is the check up, everything else is pay per item.
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Rapid limited after office time
    Not often I refer to country of Birth

The NHS services of the British Isles were only distantly connected from the start. They all had their own systems and provisions (well the English and Welsh ones were united once but split apart).

We can't expect them to all do the same things.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    zagubov wrote: »
    The NHS services of the British Isles were only distantly connected from the start. They all had their own systems and provisions (well the English and Welsh ones were united once but split apart).

We can't expect them to all do the same things.

I hold no such knowledge
    Point i made is i have posted a comment immediately arriving home from office, not taking Scottish difference in nhs dentistry support.

Thanks mser's
    Until 9/12
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • bail-in
    bail-in Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 November 2019 at 7:52AM
    Many companies in the UK are owned by foreign countries as do we abroad. Companies offering private and NHS dentistry included. Integrated Dental Holdings (IDH), now rebranded MyDentist, is a British incorporated company owned by Carlyle, one of the biggest investment companies and hedge funds in the United States. Over 600 dental practices in the UK are owned by this US company, paid for with debt finance. The current US president would be very happy about that considering his recent statement everything is on the table re post Brexit US-UK agreement! According to a recent conference call with IDH Finance the aim is to move further into private practice as that is more profitable and would attract more investment from the big investment companies. This could mean perhaps that the current lack of NHS dentists and practices and difficulty finding a nearby NHS practice in the UK could get worse. Problem will get worse as long as the governments in England, Wales, and Scotland will not pay dentists better rates, although the problem has other causes as well.
  • Not sure how that is going to help the OP who already has NHS dental appt. Perhaps better for the political board.
  • Dandytf
    Thanks mser's
    1st appt tomorrow 10 a.m.
    My only concerns are
    1. What paperwork i need to complete
    2. Are Scottish nhs funded dentist on pay and re claim basis
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    That dentist visit went very well.
    Checkup, only had top answer that I don't pay for dental treatment and complete medicine info.
    Forgot to ask, how do they know I don;t pay when they didn't take my nhs Tax exemption form
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure