Weight Watchers Support

We have a Slimming World Thread but not one designated for Weight Watchers

Is anyone interested.........

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 3 April 2019 at 12:30PM
    Right here I go.....

I noticed there are a few lurkers, but no contributors yet. Please feel to join in, tips, advice, moans, be my diet buddy.....whatever.

Ok the back story.:rotfl:

This time last year I was my heaviest ever, 13st 9lbs. I managed to lose roughly a stone and a bit by myself but then plateaued. So 4 weeks ago I decided to join a slimming club. WW hold their meetings within easy walking distance so I plumped for them.

Tbh I have tried SW in the past but for some reason I struggled to get my head round it all and wasnt very successful.

Anyhow I've lost 5 lbs since joining. Now just under the 12 stone barrier Not a huge loss, just a steady average of 1lb per week. If I can keep going at that rate I will be happy.

I haven't set myself an end target yet. I'll see how it goes.

I have set myself an interim goal of losing a further 1 stone by July 6tn, my birthday. Then I will review it.

I'm feeling psyched and raring to go. :rotfl:
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I will join in.:)

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I had zero energy. I could barely walk half a mile and I went up to 16 stone!

I had no idea I even weighed that much until I was weighed at the doctor's surgery as I didn't even have the energy or motivation to get on the scales at home!:eek: I used to rely on takeaways too much as I was too tired to cook.

I lost a stone very quickly after that as I was quite shocked (!) and I cut back on the takeaways.

I then started getting a lot better quality sleep and relaxing with mindfulness and visualisation exercises. I then started working on my nutrition.

I got a lot of my energy back and last year I started walking for at least an hour a day. I was 14 stone in December and doing WW at home and I am down to 12 and a half stone now and back to a size 14 dress size.

I was saying this on another thread (The Frump to Fab one) but I carry my weight quite well because of my frame.:D

I would be happy even if I lost another stone so my goal is to be 11 and half stone. :) I am a size 12/14 at that weight.

Another thing spurring me on is that my wedding and engagement rings haven't fit me for years. When I get to 11 and a half stone they will fit again.:)

Sorry, I didn't mean to write a thesis.:rotfl:
  • Wednesday2000
    Forumite
    Today I have had a berry, banana and chia seed smoothie and then half a tin of baked beans on two slices of granary toast.

Cup of green tea and sparkling water to drink.

I'm making leek and potato soup later and making enough for the next few days.

I walked for over an hour as well, in the rain too!:p
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    Hi Wednesday.....thanks for joining me. Nice to have some company on my weight loss journey.

Loved the essay.:rotfl:

Seriously though you have done really well so far, especially when battling ill health. It's not easy when you have health issues.

There was a lady on another thread who said that losing weight was a bit like having a part time job, in that it was time consuming and took commitment and dedication. I think she was spot on.

I think we have to be just a little bit "selfish" for want of a better word, and put our weight loss journey and our health needs near the top of our agenda.....or at least until we know what we are doing and can just go on auto pilot.

So for me, for once in my life, I am trying to get my head round meal planning and shopping with lists etc instead of just winging it and then stuffing myself with anything I can get my hands on. :rotfl:

I've been for my walk, only 30 minutes because I'm still nursing my knee but I might do another short one later. Now that the lighter evenings are with us I'm aiming to go for a walk after my evening meal.

We can do it, all we have to do is stick with it. ;)
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh here you are! If I could lose one pound a week I would be delirious! Never tried WW, done slimming world twice and very successfully but it was years ago and want to do something different. It will have to be online - no, still haven't joined but I WILL, got to get rid of this belly.

When I was weighed at the doctors I discovered I had lost over a stone since this time last year, so I CAN do it! You once said, LL, that we gained the weight slowly - it's insidious how it creeps up on us, isn't it? We should lose it at the same rate.

So tomorrow I will be back on here as a fully paid up member of the FWWG (Fabbers Weight Watchers Group) and seek your support and inspiration............I'm sure I used to have hip bones............
  • Wednesday2000
    Forumite
    I realised I have to reduce the amount of points I'm on as I've lost more weight recently. I was on 28, then 27. I'm on 26 points a day now. The walking helps as it means I do more activity.

I should say that what I said I ate today is not all I will eat, that isn't enough points obviously.

I actually went to try on my rings after I posted on here and they do fit. That was a nice surprise.:A

We didn't have a lot of money when we got married as we were paying off our debts so I bought a vintage gold band on ebay. I think once I get down to 11 and a half stone I will buy myself a brand new wedding band as a reward.
    Seriously though you have done really well so far, especially when battling ill health. It's not easy when you have health issues.

Yes, I think we have both done very well.:cool:
    Dorothy60 wrote: »

When I was weighed at the doctors I discovered I had lost over a stone since this time last year, so I CAN do it! You once said, LL, that we gained the weight slowly - it's insidious how it creeps up on us, isn't it? We should lose it at the same rate.

So tomorrow I will be back on here as a fully paid up member of the FWWG (Fabbers Weight Watchers Group) and seek your support and inspiration............I'm sure I used to have hip bones............

:T
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    How can one little miserable sausage be 6 points. :rotfl: it's only a couple of bites.......

Good job I weighed them and checked, I was going to have 2. :rotfl:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You two are doing so well.:T
    I'm going to join in, when my head's a bit straighter IYSWIM ;):D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I’m going to join. I lost weight with WW years ago and need to get back in the wagon. I will report back when I have a bit more time (today has been a loonnngg day at work)
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    Glad you are joining us Chanie.

Dorothy hope to "see" you later today.

Candy.....when you're ready......I do think it's easier if you get your head in the right place. Hopefully you'll feel better soon. Your holiday will be the perfect motivation to get a fab "Beach Bod".

My daily point allowance is 23. I am going out for a slap up meal at my favourite restaurant on Sunday and don't want to spoil it by fretting about what I can and can't eat. So I'm saving 4 points each day this week, plus my weekly allowance. So hopefully I'll have banked enough points to give me plenty of leeway.

Going to try and start doing some tummy crunches and waist whittling exercises today, as well as a bit of yoga and a couple of short walks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback