PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 January 2018 at 12:48AM
    Have re read instructions and you do have to put the bowls in the freezer first so not such a brilliant bargain as I thought. Then put the ingredients in and switch on paddles. Oh well win some lose some.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the new thread Floss.

After my little trawl around (in the rain) yesterday I only spent 20p on a DVD, it was Flatliners which I love and wanted to watch with the kids but it isn't on Netflix.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,578
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Am I shopped up?

13 charity shops yesterday and not one thing bought.

I did see a lovely M&S 'Best of British Designers' dress that made my heart pound (a little) but it was a size 8 on the wrong hanger. :(

Did get some bargain leggings in proper M&S though - including a pair reduced from £17.50.
    I bought these for £7.50 last Thursday and found the identical pair for £5.50 yesterday so the £7.50 ones will be returned.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks for the new thread Floss - kettles on and biccy tin is full ;) so pull up a chair!
    I'm sure there are going to be plenty of bargains this year. Many people are realising they have too much 'stuff' so it's up to us to keep a sharp eye to give them a proper home.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • New year, new thread!

I took 3 bags full to the CS in preparation for a restock and came away with a Seasalt dress for £5, Mint Velvet leggings for. £4 and a white River Island smart shirt for £2 for DS who has an interview.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Sayschezza wrote: »
    Have re read instructions and you do have to put the bowls in the freezer first so not such a brilliant bargain as I thought. Then put the ingredients in and switch on paddles. Oh well win some lose some.
    Losing isn't an option, you get to eat ice-cream!!

Mine's a real vanilla with crushed coffee beans and hazelnuts, if you're asking. Slug of Baileys on top optional ;)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • I've done quite well recently.

On 23rd Dec I took a load of bags to the Banardo's donation centre. Whilst there I spotted an old fashioned tea trolley for £2.99 - I'd been looking at the on eBay as I wanted to create a drinks trolley for Christmas. On eBay they were going for £50! I gave it a scrub and by Christmas Eve I had a kitsch drinks display.

At the same time I managed to leave a chair that I bought for £3 by the till, and my daughter bought a load of Christmas tat they were selling for 50p each!

Last weekend at Farleigh Hospice shop in Heybridge I bought a Boden breton long sleeve T-Shirt for £2 and a pair of Karen Millen trousers for £2 - the trousers are a bit snug at the moment, but should be suitable for work in a few weeks.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,578
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I've done quite well recently.

On 23rd Dec I took a load of bags to the Banardo's donation centre. Whilst there I spotted an old fashioned tea trolley for £2.99 - I'd been looking at the on eBay as I wanted to create a drinks trolley for Christmas. On eBay they were going for £50! I gave it a scrub and by Christmas Eve I had a kitsch drinks display.

At the same time I managed to leave a chair that I bought for £3 by the till, and my daughter bought a load of Christmas tat they were selling for 50p each!

Last weekend at Farleigh Hospice shop in Heybridge I bought a Boden breton long sleeve T-Shirt for £2 and a pair of Karen Millen trousers for £2 - the trousers are a bit snug at the moment, but should be suitable for work in a few weeks.
    A bargain like that is worth forgoing a few biscuits for. ;)
  • Mir! wrote: »
    waves to everyone :hello: and plumps cushions.....:p

... bought from the charity shop, I hope :D
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,188
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I had another quite forage in the local hospice shop today...

Silk deep blue "made in italy" double layer lace trimmed tunic £2.49
    Fat Face l/s floral top £2.49
    Fat Face l/s jersey shirt £1.99
    "Preview" fitted blue wool tunic, a bit like those from Joe Browns £2.99
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing