Scottish Wedding show this weekend

Options
Elzo
Elzo Posts: 419 Forumite
Hi,
I am thinking about going to the wedding show at the Secc in Glasgow... think its £8.50 to get in... wondered if anyone has any thoughts, like is it worth going?

I've already booked the venue, do you think the other stalls are worth going to, or is the show a waste of money?

Any opinions helpful!
We're all pawns in the game of life!!

Comments

• Peter-Pan_5
    Options
    My opinion would be,is it really worth it what will be there,people trying to sell you wedding dresses etc the whole wedding package fashion shows,if you fancy it go but think of the pressure you may come under to buy.why pay for those folk to try and sell you stuff,but I`m only a man.
    A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.
    El sabio muda el consejo, el necio no.
  • purplepolly
    Options
    Hi,

I went to the show last year and think it is probably worth going if you have booked your wedding because there are lots of photographers, florists etc offering discounts if you book them on the day. You can also pick up quite a few free wedding magazines etc if you haven't bought them already and want them this will save you a few pounds.

Don't know if you'll read this on time but if you go to their website and book today you'll save a pound on the admission price (who said us Scots are mean!!). I think its https://www.thescottishweddingshow.com
  • Elzo
    Options
    thanks, I think I will go then, especially to get the magazines as they can be quite pricey can't they?!

Can't do any harm to look round the stalls and see what's about,

thanks for the advice :)
  • Elzo
    Options
    just back from the wedding show - was definitely worthwhile! the fashion show was great and was an excellent way to see the dresses on offer, they look better when modelled than seeing them on a rail!

and managed to get a couple of wedding magazines too, which equalled the entry fee basically, so was worth it!

arrived home with bags full of leaflets, freebies, CDs and magazines! bit tired now though!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport