Anyone else had this problem..

In December HSBC sent me a new Maestro card, the chip n pin one, well I had several d/d come back to me, My paypal, my one tel and another one, and its only been weeks, because the details have changed on my card I wouldn't of thought I'd have to inform one-tel etc.... surely this cant be right! Anyone tell me what to do?????
Sam B

Comments

• Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    In December HSBC sent me a new Maestro card, the chip n pin one, well I had several d/d come back to me, My paypal, my one tel and another one, and its only been weeks, because the details have changed on my card I wouldn't of thought I'd have to inform one-tel etc.... surely this cant be right! Anyone tell me what to do?????

By d/d do you mean Direct Debits?

If so then these shouldn't be affected by your Maestro card :-/

Have any of your account details changed?

Sorry I'm confused by your post as Direct Debits are not 'sent' ......they're 'claimed'... so do you mean that they have not been claimed?

Or, are you getting mixed up with Standing Orders? They are 'sent' but would only come back if the recipient details were incorrect.

Sorry if your post relates to something else that I haven't mentioned :-/
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• omega27
    omega27 Posts: 260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think they mean something like debit card continuous authority?
  • I've had that problem with credit card continuous authority payments (yes, I know the arguments).

When a new card is issued, the expiry date and security number change - so the creditor making a claim cannot do so using the old details.

I had to update (online) my OneTel and call18866 accounts (helpfully, OneTel have an automatic system which sends an e-mail asking for new details about a month before the old card expires).
    30 years, 217 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport