PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well they did the tangling Mrs Un had to do the untangling. I'm drawing a line under it, because the no matter how I replay it, the only outcome that could have been less worse would involve that much promised £XX billion funding increase in the NHS.
    Quarter of cake left.
    Whoops:o sorry unrecordings I'm glad Mrs Un was able to sort things out. She sounds like a real "good 'un" to have in your corner:D.
  • caronc wrote: »
    Whoops:o sorry unrecordings I'm glad Mrs Un was able to sort things out. She sounds like a real "good 'un" to have in your corner:D.

I now have a debt to pay in Copeland Spode :)

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I dislike shopping, I'm no good at it... I had two clothing items on my list I'd like to get. I did manage to find/grab both today. Back home I've now discovered both are the wrong size :)

While I could "get away" with the sizes I've got, ideally they both need to be a size bigger... so I should go out tomorrow and see if they can be swapped.

:( Hate shopping, nothing ever fits.

One was a pair of bras... spent ages trying to remember if I was a 36C or a 38C in one shop's twin packs.... turns out I'm a 36D (checked label of existing one at home that fits a comfy treat).

Other was a xmas jumper, never had one, thought I should. Spotted one, they were mens... I figured the XS would fit, it kind of does, but I figure a Small would be a better fit for comfort.

I also bought a 5-pack of black ankle socks (£2.50). They're "just socks" and none ever fit, so they'll do. Annoyingly, socks are sold in sizes 12-3 and 4-7. Although I'm a 4 I find 4-7 too large and 12-3 too small... if only they sold 3-5!
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Glad the dentist went ok Caronc, although i don't have a donkey to worry about I do have a large warning on my notes about my low blood pressure as they seem to lie you a lot flatter than they use to and I have to sit a while before standing until things steady down :cool:

I've been out and about again tonight :D this time Shakespeares live screening of Timon’s of Athens not a play I was familiar with, only a handful of people watching but we enjoyed it typical Shakespeare tragedy ending with death and we've tickets for the next one in a couple of weeks :)

Lunch was braised celery soup, luckily I only made one portion as it was unfortunately too salty :(. Dinner was on the run as I was pushed for time so had a seafood stick and avocado sandwich, I brought a nice small loaf definitely CFO tonight :). Tomorrow I need to think cauliflower:think:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    Good morning everyone,

Yes they definitely have you flatter these days Brambling. Shame about the overly salty soup at least it was only a single portion.

How frustrating about the clothes not fitting PN, sizing is so hit or miss from place to place and even ranges in places.:mad:
    It's a bitterly cold, grey and damp day here today. My balance is decidedly off today post dentist which I pretty much expected. "Wonky donkey" hasn't reappeared so it will be a day of gentle pottering about indoors to try and get it reset. Pea & ham soup for lunch and hopefully pasta for dinner tonight. I'll make the sauce this morning and see if I'm steady enough to manage a pasta pan later. If not the sauce can get frozen and freezer rake will be Plan B.:cool:
  • What a dismal day! I just went for a walk and bought bread and Pringles.:cool:
    Yep - it is part of Iceland, but not a cash & carry as such - it's a little more like the old Bejams (which eventually turned into Iceland) rather than attempting to be a supermarket. There's no bulk purchasing, so you could just pop in for bar of choc if you wanted to. Ours has bread, cakes, fruit & veg, chilled cabinets (cheese etc) crisps, biscuits, tins, jars, cleaning, little bit of booze all laid out around the edge, then 2-3 aisles of freezers in the middle. Good selection of vegan & vegetarian too

I had forgotten about that shop!
    Brambling wrote: »
    Glad the dentist went ok Caronc, although i don't have a donkey to worry about I do have a large warning on my notes about my low blood pressure as they seem to lie you a lot flatter than they use to and I have to sit a while before standing until things steady down :cool:

Yeah, I think that too. I used to get vertigo and I hate going backwards on the dentist chair. It's a very annoying sensation.
  • Love Food Warehouse but it does not deliver which the normal Iceland does. Never minf.
  • I've eaten the tube of Pringles (it was a small one) and three slices of bread and marg. I then had half the cauliflower bites too.:o:D

I get like this in winter, carbs, carbs, carbs...
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,194 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    caronc wrote: »
    It's a bitterly cold, grey and damp day here today.

Snap! even though it's hundreds of miles apart

Into town day, I was in two minds about that, my oomph seems to have been punctured with my "not a cold but not quite right" lurgy

I could've survived without shopping but as it turned out going into town was good idea. Iceland have cheese on offer, PN, mainly, £4 Kg comes in 500g block for 2 quid, mine's long dated to Feb 2020. I bought two
    Also bread on offer, not my usual buy but at 50p who cares, sliced 50/50 white just right for crisp sandwich;)

No Bejam look alike round here, not one conveniently near anyway, but "my" Iceland is OK for what little I buy in there

Lunch was a fried egg sarnie, using the new fresh loaf

Dinner, provided by Asda this morning, MFO nuke chicken Korma, handy as I was thinking I'd love a Chinese today

All things considered it was worthwhile going & a successful mooch in town today
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    Good evening everyone,

Hope it has warmed up a bit where you are Farway, it certainly hasn't here- it's baltic with a breeze from the east that would cut you in half!

I've had a day of gentle pottering mixed with a fair bit of being horizontal and I'm definitely a bit steadier tonight.:) I've made pasta sauce and will risk cooking/draining pasta to go with it. Lunch was some more pea & ham soup which is getting better by the day, however it's been hanging about in the fridge for long enough so the remaining two portions have been frozen. I've a decent soup stash frozen now (five types) which always pleases me.:) There will be spare pasta sauce to be frozen too! Between a squillion tubs of HM passatta, HM RMs and garden veg my smaller freezer is laden at the moment, the soup has had to go in the big freezer which is where I aim to keep raw & unprepped stuff. Despite the venisio addition and winter butcher's order I must have done a decent amount of cooking recently as there is (for a change) a decent amount of space in it.:eek: No doubt that will change over the coming festive period. ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback