IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Company car Scotland fine

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,348 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you get the NtK addressed to you, I wouldn't make any contact with Smart. There is no keeper liability in Scotland, they're chasing shadows! Ignore the bams (as they say north of the border).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep, once it is safely with you and theyre not contacting anyone else, ignore it.

Tell your firm that you ARE dealing with it, b ut the parking firm MAY lie and get back in touch with them. State they cannot have any liability in this, and you are happy dealing with it.
  • rich13348
    rich13348 Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep, once it is safely with you and theyre not contacting anyone else, ignore it.

Tell your firm that you ARE dealing with it, b ut the parking firm MAY lie and get back in touch with them. State they cannot have any liability in this, and you are happy dealing with it.

Sounds good. I will wait for my ntk then email my company. Thanks for the help.
  • rich13348
    Options
    Hi all my copy of the parking fine arrived a couple of days ago. I just want to clear something up, do I now appeal using blue bpa appeal or do I just ignore straight off as no keeper liability in Scotland?

Thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Did you read #12 & #13?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Dunno...personally I would write and say that I am indeed the day to day 'keeper' of the car, so any letters must be addressed to me (not xxxx company). However, if Smart would like to furnish you with their evidence of who the driver was, you will pass the notice to that person but otherwise you are aware that you have no liability in law, in Scotland.

The reason I would engage ONCE is to ensure Smart do not revert to the company saying they've made you up!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • rich13348
    edited 8 September 2017 at 10:17PM
    Options
    Hi Quentin, yes I did read posts 12 and 13 given that i quoted post 13 in post 14 but that's for being an !!!!.
    Coupon-mad, I will do just that. Its probably a good idea as the transport managers [STRIKE]fine[/STRIKE] speculative invoice paying finger is a bit twitchy and even a sniff of a debt collector would have him shooting off a payment.

Is it OK If I come back with my letter to OK it?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Of course, always good to get several of us to look.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • rich13348
    edited 13 September 2017 at 9:08PM
    Options
    OK so my email is as follows.

Dear Smart Parking,
    I can confirm I, rich13348 of my address, my street, my town, my county, my postcode, am the day-to-day keeper of vehicle registration XXYYXXX listed in Parking Charge Notice Number xxyyyyyyy.
    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. However, if you would like to furnish me with your evidence of who the driver was, I will pass the notice to that person but otherwise I am aware I have no liability in law, in Scotland.

Thank you

Rich13348

Does this sound OK?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 September 2017 at 8:18PM
    Options
    rich13348 wrote: »
    OK so my email is as follows.

Dear Smart Parking,
    I can confirm I, rich13348 of my address, my street, my town, my county, my postcode, am the day-to-day keeper of vehicle registration XXYYXXX listed in Parking Charge Notice Number xxyyyyyyy. No driver has not been named and no assumptions can be drawn.

Thank you

Rich13348

Does this sound OK?

Coupon-mad also said this
    "However, if Smart would like to furnish me with their evidence of who the driver was, I will pass the notice to that person but otherwise you are aware that I have no liability in law, in Scotland."

See what's happening ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport