PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm... well 'leasehold leases' I'm not sure. If they were freehold leases that migh be differenet!
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But the answer is simple:

Maybe.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,780 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    messes wrote: »
    What would be the process to get the original registration corrected?

You apply with evidence as to the error, we take a look and consider any amendment.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    pernes wrote: »
    Hi I have purchased several leasehold leases, can you confirm if there was any deed of variations to the leases it would be noted on the title register list?
    Thanks

If the leases had been varied then I'd expect a note if the variation to appear on the registered titles, yes.

If the variation alters the term or demise then it would create a new lease but again a note woukd appear, albeit referring to the original lease and how it is filed
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • spendinglikemad
    Options
    I am in the process of selling my house and the land registry title deeds have been found to be incorrect i.e. the boundary is shown in the wrong location and my solicitor has asked me to confirm the correct boundaries.

Our original land registry was in 1998, can this now be corrected (it is showing as not owned by us or our neighbours and there is in obvious boundary that has been present for >20 years.

What is the process to get the land registry details amended and what are the cost/timings?

SLM
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    I am in the process of selling my house and the land registry title deeds have been found to be incorrect i.e. the boundary is shown in the wrong location and my solicitor has asked me to confirm the correct boundaries.

Our original land registry was in 1998, can this now be corrected (it is showing as not owned by us or our neighbours and there is in obvious boundary that has been present for >20 years.

What is the process to get the land registry details amended and what are the cost/timings?

SLM

All a question of how the error occurred, who is affected and how it can be corrected.

Best case scenario is that we got it wrong, the land is unregistered and the land is clearly in your ownership. No registration fee normally and reasonably quick, a few weeks.

If the error was in the deeds/conveyancing so the land was never included but the boundaries put up to include then much longer and a fee, minimum £40 but if we have to do a survey/inspection then can include an extra £90 fee. Timescale 3 months minimum

Identifying what has happened and why is crucial to understand how to get the land registered/included

If an application is made and there is a definite and confirmed buyer then the 'wait time' can be shortened in the latter case to a few weeks also

The devil is all in the detail though so all depends on what's wrong, how it happened and how you try to correct it/market it. Your solicitor can then help with possible next steps
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

Could you tell me which website I need to use to do a land registry search?

Do I have to register using Facebook? I don't use Facebook?

I'm intending to put a charge on a property and want to know who owns it, so which details am I looking for and how much will this cost please.

Many thanks,

Mimi x x x
  • spendinglikemad
    Options
    All a question of how the error occurred, who is affected and how it can be corrected.

Best case scenario is that we got it wrong, the land is unregistered and the land is clearly in your ownership. No registration fee normally and reasonably quick, a few weeks.

If the error was in the deeds/conveyancing so the land was never included but the boundaries put up to include then much longer and a fee, minimum £40 but if we have to do a survey/inspection then can include an extra £90 fee. Timescale 3 months minimum

Identifying what has happened and why is crucial to understand how to get the land registered/included

If an application is made and there is a definite and confirmed buyer then the 'wait time' can be shortened in the latter case to a few weeks also

The devil is all in the detail though so all depends on what's wrong, how it happened and how you try to correct it/market it. Your solicitor can then help with possible next steps

Thank you - emailed solicitor and waiting for response!
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

Could you tell me which website I need to use to do a land registry search?

Do I have to register using Facebook? I don't use Facebook?

I'm intending to put a charge on a property and want to know who owns it, so which details am I looking for and how much will this cost please.

Many thanks,

Mimi x x x

Mimi1234 - GOV.UK is the official Land Registry site and you can search for land/property information online

And our PG 19 explains how third parties can apply to protect their interest on the register.

The word 'charge' is usually applied to such interests although a legal charge is also used to describe a loan secured against land/property e.g. a mortgage
  • moneysense123
    Options
    Hi, we are near to exchange but awaiting a response from the lad registry. The house we are buying was built by a builder called Portford homes who have now dissolved as a company. The solicitors have flagged a restriction on the house which needs removing relating to amenities which have now need taken up by the local water board. The solicitors dealing with the vendors we are buying off have now sent an RX2 to the land registry to get this lifted. We would really like to exchange this week but want to know if this is realistic? Does this seem like a complex problem and how quick are the land registry in responding? Thank you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback