Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I like the sounds of that, thanks PP.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I used to !ove reading that Winnie story when the kids were small, haven't thought about it for years. Can't imagine glamorous dd or great, lanky DS sat on my knee now:rotfl: You often read on here about people making the time to make memories and they are right to do so. Those years when the kids were small were some of the happiest times of my life. Lovely to take a moment to think back:)

Today has been another low spend investment in a rich life (despite the weather). The kids are having the weekend with their dad and my sister is on parent watch so I can literally suit myself.
    Still no money news as I can't shuffle until credit card bill is in and paid. A!so no rent money yet:mad: I did manage to is £5.42 cb from my reward account and a 66p TT as every little helps!

I had a lovely lie in which often eludes me at the weekend as I wake up at normal work time. I actually did that this morning but not for long and I feel so much fresher for getting an extra couple of hours.
    Having had coffee and a bit of reading in bed and a large, healthy and very late breakfast the weather was braved for a walk.

We went reasonably locally so not trapped in the car for hours and then did a lovely circular walk along the river initially and then up through the woods and fields. It was windy and muddy and we had the odd shower but it was a thoroughly nice afternoon chatting, taking in the countryside and looking forward to the future. What a difference a few years can make to a life:). We found a lovely sheltered spot for a picnic and it felt like life couldn't get much better (OK less wind, rain and mud and more sunshine but you get the gist:rotfl:). So for a smidge of fuel and a picnic from what could be found in exchange for a superduper Saturday.

Tonight will be a ys dinner, more of the 25p box set and a bottle of Christmas gift wine. Would I exchange it for dinner out and a cinema film? Once in a while yes but on the whole no. Content as a contented thing:)

On the downside;
    No housework done
    No school work done
    No gardening done
    Car is still filthy
    Filing not done
    Laundry not done

Thankfully there's always tomorrow:rotfl:

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Can't believe it's Sunday night, this weekend has flown by. I feel like I've been playing truant as apart from the laundry I've done nothing :eek: . I feel refreshed for the first time since my brush with the lurgy though so maybe it hadn't been a bad thing really (feel like I'm trying to convince myself :o).

I did my first trail run of the new year which wasn't as difficult as I'd feared, in fact, on reflection I actually enjoyed it. It was windy and cold and I really didn't want to get out of my nice, warm bed but I'm glad I did. It was a bit of a mudfest though:p

This afternoon was a wander around the woods followed by tea and hm scones and another episode of what is proving to be a great box set :). Lunch was late so no dinner is needed as we had an eat up of all odds and ends of anything Indian out of the freezer. It was a rare mixture but very nice, involved no cooking and cleared a bit of freezer space so all good.

I now need to do a couple of hours work, defrost tomorrow's lunches and dinner and get an early night. I'm going to try really hard to be asleep by 10.30 this week. We'll see...:o

Hope everyone's had a happy, thrifty weekend.

PP xx
  • Cicatriz_2
    Options
    What kind of trail were you running on?

There's a few on the hills near me my neighbour runs on, but they seem pretty impassable right now.
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Cicatriz wrote: »
    What kind of trail were you running on?

There's a few on the hills near me my neighbour runs on, but they seem pretty impassable right now.

Hiya Cicatriz :wave:. How are you?

It was predominantly on well established footpaths through woodland which is very up and downy with a few tracks through fields and a little bit of road. It was very muddy but its a great run, lots of variety and a mix of terrain. Quite enjoyed it really (once I'd finished :rotfl:)!

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Blimey what a day:eek: I was wide awake at 4 am and gave up trying to get back to sleep by 4.30 and got up and got the laundry sorted out and got some school work done. I've been knackered all day!

Work had a fairly hideous start as a result of a mixture of the !!!!lkess, the truly sad and a malingerer. Probably sounds harsh but the issues were coming think and fast and the necessary back up was conspicuous by it's absence:mad: Anyhoo, it calmed down by morning break and we eventually had a lovely and very productive day in the end.

I've got money news but not the right sort. Rent has still not arrived but apparently its the bank's fault and the tenant has now paid so I should get it in a couple of days. That particular property also needs some repairs which will be about £400 which handy man will do next month. The tenants in the other house have given notice today due to a family issue so I'm OK for February but my income will be significantly down in March if the agent doesn't find a new tenant. The joys of rental properties I guess:(

On the plus side my salary pays my dds and my pension AVC and the rents go to annual costs, personal spends and MOP. So its looking like squeezing personal spends and doing a proper stores challenge to try and save a bit on grocery. At least I've got two months of no council tax coming up and its a super family home so hopefully I'll have another tenant soon.

Today has been a bit spendy as I ordered a duvet cover for my bed and got a fitted sheet from Asda as I only have one set making bed change day a real pain at this time of year. I got the kids' spares in the sales and its been so much easier. I shopped around and got a king size cover, two pillow cases and a fitted sheet for £16.69 including delivery. I just hope the quality is ok, the reviews were good so fingers crossed. I also had a grocery spend of £1.25 on a kg of porridge oats and 2 packs of olive pittas, 2 packs of toasting muffins and I pack of bagels that were all ys to 10p.

Other successes included;

Marking up to date

Laundry done and drying on aiders

Freezer lo for lunch (risotto) and in the interests of thrift a salad made of of the slightly bendy remains of a white cabbage, the last of the ys little gems, a slightly shrivelled pepper and some S6 beetroot. It actually tasted quite nice:). Dinner was batch cooked veggie curry from the freezer with Aldi 5p clearance cous cous and hm flat bread.

Kettlebells done

Daily sweep and wipe done

Overnight oats made and in the fridge.

I'm off to catch up on Silent Witness hopefully followed by 8 hours sleep ( or at least more than 5 1/2:eek:).

We've survived Monday peeps - onwards and upwards :D

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    What a day PP!
    I hope you sleep well.

Oh the joys of other people's children, I do wonder when teachers have time to teach these days with all the social work required.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good heavens, PP, thats a lot of problems to fit into one day! So you were just starting to settle at gone 9pm :( I hope Silent Witness was a real antidote (I've become a solid fan in the last few weeks).
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Phew.....that's a lot...only on a Monday morning eh?! ;)
    Onwards and upwards and roll on the weekend I say!! :rotfl:

Well done on the trail running , muddy as u say but great feeling once you get back indoors ...may venture out this week now the evenings are getting ever so slightly lighter!
    Have a good Tuesday pp
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • Cicatriz_2
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Hiya Cicatriz :wave:. How are you?

It was predominantly on well established footpaths through woodland which is very up and downy with a few tracks through fields and a little bit of road. It was very muddy but its a great run, lots of variety and a mix of terrain. Quite enjoyed it really (once I'd finished :rotfl:)!

PP xx

Hi PP. I'm pretty good despite the time of year.

The trail running sounds like fun. It should be good for you, too. I guess the trick is not to be concerned about getting muddy.

It can be difficult to motivate oneself to exercise this time of year when it's cold, dark and wet (well, wetter than usual). I wonder how many new year resolutions bite the bullet because of it. Probably better to start in March.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback