PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• Welcome newbies.

Hi Older i'm o.k, how far away from finish is your works?

Kirri had a bad experience with Organic rice the other day, went to ANI in balham and used their measure your own to get some brown long grain as they had none packaged, when I washed it, there were these little triangles in it and a moth around, that I just thought was around, resealed the bag, went back 2 weeks later and the bag was crawling with moths ewwww, some were even dead in there, I was horrified, so contacted them via email saying i'm going to start using wholefoods lol, we emailed all last week and today I got a refund and a presealed package of brown rice, I did google it and quite a few people were saying this has happened to them and its best to chill or freeze the stuff first, but the manager did sort it out, so I am pleased and will go back, plus I saw some wheatgrass powder i'd like to try lol!

Still nothing in or out of the freezer, I have a portion of oxtail to use up, then I can use my boneless haddock that I got free to sample, then I can start the stocking up for crimbo etc.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Eww! I hope you let the other moths out to freedom though! I do like that shop though, but not been there since WF opened. I was only thinking the other day about doing a trip there!
    Good they sorted it, I tend to go back to shops if they do that but even so it would probably put me off rice temporarily! I often get stuff from the loose bins in WF but guess it's more likely to happen in non sealed stuff..

Welcome newbies :wave:

I'm still wading through piles of HG veg for dinners here. More borlotti beans with rocket and garlic in pasta sauce yesterday.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I really should start to mark things when they go in the freezer, been looking for what to have tonight and there's all this stuff wrapped in neat plastic bags, everthing looks the same when it's frozen.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • pm2326
    pm2326 Posts: 1,096
    Forumite
    in - nothing

out (freezer) - turkey & sweetcorn chowder , 2 slices bread
  • Hi all and welcome to newbies :)

Life is slowly returning to normal as the last of the house renovations were done at the weekend so just some painting to do as and when I get round to it. Probably next Spring :rotfl:

Meals are still the same, porridge for breakfasts, salad for lunch and quick & easy ready meal/girl called Jack meal for supper. Got enough in the cupboards to last until the weekend and then I'll start buying stuff for slow-cooker casseroles etc.

Christmas stash is slowly building, I've got 3 individual Christmas puds (had 5 but already eaten 2 :rotfl:); panetonne supercheap from Lidl; mincemeat done and loads of chutneys. Yum.

Glad you're all sounding OK, but don't like the sound of those moths MsNR, brrrr, not sure I could buy rice from there again no matter how well they handled the complaint.
  • pm2326
    pm2326 Posts: 1,096
    Forumite
    In - nothing

Out - butternut squash soup, slice of bread
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    OK I am right back on this now. IN 3 X chicken korma: out peas and beans, hummous, cheese. I have milk, fruit and veg and I should be OK until Thursday evening.
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,836
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Looks like this thread is dormant. My freezers are the same as when I last posted - heaving.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 1277/2024 March - 1549/406
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 First 4 Week Period £11.75/£100 2nd £33.71/£100 3rd £57.13/£100 4th £13.65/£100 NSD - 61
    2024 Craft Makes - 113 Craft Spends 2024 £212.98/£500
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,865
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Mine too.

Since I bought my new freezer I've kept it topped up but it is looking rather full now and my cupboards (actually food drawers) too.

Think I will do an inventory after Christmas and perhaps begin again in 2015.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • Thanks for bouncing this thread up - very useful inspiration to avoid the shops for just one more day.
    I've now rescued a frozen hm chilli from the depths and it is defrosting on the draining board overnight.
    Monday night cooking is not my favourite so it will be nice to have a 'ready' meal!
    ***Mortgage Free Oct 2018 - Debt Free again (after detour) June 2022***
    Never underestimate the power of a beautiful spreadsheet
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport