PopulusLive- survey sites discussion

Comments

• I am also waiting for a cheque and received this email from them on Feb 16th

"Dear PL member,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, there is a delay in posting cheques this month. Please accept our sincere apologies for this.

We hope to have the cheques posted latest by early next week so that they are delivered to you before the end of next week.

Once again, our apologies for the delay and inconvenience.

Regards
    The PopulusLive Team"

So hopefully it is on its way in the post!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    I'm just waiting for the cheque to arrive, and then cancelling my account.

My success rate with qualifying for surveys with them is around 50%, so to be honest my time is worth more than wasting time filling out surveys to get no reward. That excludes the surveys which close pretty much straight away after being emailed out
  • they all seem very 'hit and miss' these survey places... not sure which to sign up for...!? IF ANY?
  • Fordiez
    Fordiez Posts: 43 Forumite
    they all seem very 'hit and miss' these survey places... not sure which to sign up for...!? IF ANY?

In my opinion, PopulusLive is very worth signing up for. You might find you're in their ideal demographic, in which case it's easy to earn money with them. Since I last posted I'm only £5 away from £50 payout (member since November)
    Give it a try, you've nothing to lose except a bit of time - which they pay fairly for.
    :female:Boosting my income each month from surveys, focus groups & cashback:
    2016: Jan £32 // Feb £19 // Mar £188
    2015: Dec £106
  • akd1234
    akd1234 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You do not have to have a cheque.Paypal is an easier option.I have earned over £100 pounds since joining
  • rich_shot2003
    rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    akd1234 wrote: »
    You do not have to have a cheque.Paypal is an easier option.I have earned over £100 pounds since joining[/QUOTE

They dont offer paypal as payment and have never done so.

ive been with them for years and its always been a Cheque.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    they all seem very 'hit and miss' these survey places... not sure which to sign up for...!? IF ANY?

They are hit and miss, its the nature of their business that they want a specific group of people to answer each survey so sometimes you may fit in the broader age group or location, but after it has been around for a while they end up only needing a very niche group of people to fit their criteria which is why you can get dq'd late in a survey sometimes.

Populus pay very fairly for their time and if you can respond to the email very soon after it has been sent you will usually find out very quickly if you are appropriate for the survey. Their targetting seems quite good.

Another good one is Prolific Academic, on which there is another thread on Boost Your Income. They ask for quite a bit of info up front and whilst their surveys are not particularly frequent, I have never been dq'd and they pay very fairly.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£320.00 (64%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£058.00 (12%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• kpearsoncj
    kpearsoncj Posts: 248 Forumite
    very good survey site
  • SBOSlayer
    SBOSlayer Posts: 69 Forumite
    Love Populslive and Pinecone, both of my favs!

I must have made about £200 over the year between them. Doesn't ever seem to take long to build a balance either.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I've heard that PopulusLive is very similar to Newvistalive. Is it worth joining both these survey sites or do you recommend only joining one?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure