NST A Gentle Jog Through July

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all :j

A Adventure:
    None today

G Get creative in the kitchen Not much creativity today but did make strawberry tarts (using pre-made cases though). All done then DH manages to wrench open the fridge door & deposit them on the floor...sigh.. Hopefully tomorrow more creativity with lemons and/or raspberries..

N NSDs Will go for low target as we are on holiday as well as DD this week & another week when she goes away later in the month. NSDs now 6/12

T Take care in the sun
    Not out in the sun today

L Live on what is left
    Will do.

E Exercise: housework exercise today. Got fed up of all the clutter & determined to make a difference. Hall on upper level full of stuff including 2 large chests that I know contain towels etc (no airing cupboard/hot press here). Over time loads of stuff has also been piled on top of these as well adding to the general mess. Finally cleared both of these pieces of furniture - to find we have in excess of 20 bathmats!! Who on earth needs an excess of bathmats??? Although 3 do go in our bathroom at one time. Have sorted & ragged some, will gift some to DD & take some over to Ireland with us...

J July food days abound , Hot Dogs and Peach Ice Cream (17th - No not together), Caviar (18th) Daiquiris (19th). My favourites are Fresh Spinach Day (16th) Vanilla Ice Cream (23rd). Other Ice cream days are available. Use these as a jumping off point to add some summer fun to your meal plan. Will pick a couple of these.

O (H2)O Water fun
    . Dogs have made holes in their pool, not sure how to get them in otherwise as they are so large. May have an old plastic one somewhere lurking in the shrubbery. Still to locate. Only water is the amount drunk by me. Now have food diary so water can be logged. Not started yet, will start tomorrow. Started with upping water & whilst I didn't drink all that I am supposed to, I did much better. keeping up with the water but not as much as I should do. Dug out dogs pool (half a clam shell type) from shrubbery & cleaned it out, then refilled with water. 2 dogs ignored it, the other had a drink out of it.. Found other half of dogs pool, now needs cleaning out, although they probably won't go in it. Trying to keep up with my water

G Geeks May struggle here. I'm with you dolly84 - never played a video game & not a fan of anything sci fi, just not my thing either.

T Think of those who are ill Both elderly uncles are now suffering from terminal illnesses. Do think of them often. Had email from elderly relative, seems OK. Friend came who has been ill, spent 4.5 hours here so must have enjoyed himself..Thank you email from friend. Asked him back.

H Help those in need. Will do my best.

R Relax. Have lots of books & projects to do so need to make a time each do to actually DO them. Did a bit of knitting today but need to get organised with projects now. Knitted in car whilst DH had a meeting but forgot book. More TV knitting tonight. Took myself off in the midst of the chaos (DD back from hols) & sat in the quiet finishing some projects. DH has downloaded all the podcasts for my project that I will do on holiday. Mostly be on my own so need something complex to concentrate on. Knitting at the dentist, sparked a few conversations. Determined to get to a WIP tomorrow, have been reading quite a bit though, during the day which is unusual for me.

O Our Bodies Our Selves: Will deffo be doing this & am starting this week with a pamper day. Pampered self by putting on make up etc. Only pampering was a shower & putting some make up on. Self care tomorrow. Still need to make time for myself, will do tomorrow. Schedule it in, it's the only way..

U Useless On this, will take some to CS tomorrow. Am still sorting & binning. Got rid of some bags of rubbish for collection tomorrow. CS tomorrow, have books to go & some rags if I can smuggle them past the head honcho. Bag of rags & also 2 big bags of towels ready for lady who takes them for rescue dogs.

G Get out and about: Plan to get out next week, looking at a theatre matinee.

H Half Year Review: Good idea & will work on this. Some progress but much more to do. Less than 3 weeks till hols.

J Just a couple DH already looks like a combo of these two.

U yUo All meals taken at home

L Look at each purchase
    : No purchases today.

Y You should check in daily
    Here I am, hello folks!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Think I am definitely more of a nerd than a geek.
    But I like Dr Who... :)
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 July 2019 at 10:08AM
    All dogs are therapy dogs, some are just freelancing.

People who live far below their means enjoy a freedom that people busy upgrading their lifestyles cannot fathom.
    Naval Ravikant

The fewer things we own, the fewer things we must clean

Strive not to get more done, but to have less to do
    Francine Jay

Don't carry what you don't need. In your pocket, in your home, in your heart.

We often overspend because we are trying to fill an emotional gap in our lives. No object will ever satisfy your soul.

The world will try to tell you that you need stuff to be somebody. Don't listen.

If you don't have time for what matters, stop doing things that don't.

The state of your BED is the state of your HEAD. Make your bed
    (oh dear)

Just seen this:
    In a world of Kardashians, be a Helena Bonham-Carter
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    Feeling good but easing gently into the day (being mindful). Hoping that if I go slowly I'll remember to do the stuff that is important rather than in my face. Need to sort my bed (and my head), clean the rest of the bathroom and tackle the kitchen. Itried to get rid of anything that might cause problems before I went away but only had time to do my own stuff. The half a jug of gravy/ curry that Beloved had made and a few other things are still there (with added flies, mainly tiny fruit flies) and of course it wouldn't occur to DS3 to tie up a bin bag and put it in the outside bin (he has left a squashed pile of pizza boxes on the table, which is progress I suppose).

Wondering if I can draw up a training programme for him, like a new puppy. Just one thing at a time so his poor little non-multi-tasking male brain can cope (sorry Speky but when they were younger if I suggested putting clothes in a pile on the bed, stacking books and using a box for lego and moving the rest of the stuff into a pile (rather than spread out in a thin layer all over the room) they would all say i was confusing them with too many things to do).

Using up yet another end of a bottle of suncream. Took a new hand and face one away with me (kept in my handbag for top ups during the day), one lot decanted into an aeroplane suitable bottle last year and the end of an old one because it included insect repellent. i know they probably have good reason to stop putting the insect repellent in the sun cream but as I am caviar for mossies, midges and all many of biting insects, I thought it wise to use that for the Monkey world visit - they had some large all black wasp like things (would that be horseflies?). Anyway I made it through bite free and left the empty bottle behind - brought the other one home.

Today I am grateful for good but cool weather (must tackle some weeds as I think it will be hot in a while), for my bed (a bit of a pit but I needed things close to hand yesterday and didn't get to make the bed up before I went away), my nest, my comfort, my support and for all the beautiful flowers I have seen this week and all the stuff growing in my yard and the backs.

I wonder
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mothernerd wrote: »
    All dogs are therapy dogs, some are just freelancing.

:j:j:j These three, in particular, speak volumes to me :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

I really like this one!
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    NSD No 11

Had a difficult night last night. A really bad sleep so I'm feeling tired today. We put off a bit of cupboard tidying in favour of watching some old films on TV. Back to it tomorrow and hopefully do a little extra to keep on track.

I have made a goulash for dinner using a spice mix that I bought ages ago and then couldn't find because it was with the many jars in the larder. It looks and apparently smells fabulous. Looking forward to it.

Think I'll go to bed with a book and a nice cup of tea after the Boy has gone home.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mothernerd wrote: »

Strive not to get more done, but to have less to do
    Francine Jay

The state of your BED is the state of your HEAD. Make your bed
    (oh dear)

Just seen this:

Thanks mothernerd - these are my favourites :)
    I subscribe to a decluttering thread and Mrs Salad Dodger recommends making your bed every day - it definitely makes me feel better.

I've done a food shop today and stocked up on loo rolls and kitchen rolls too. Pay day is Friday and money has run out :( I spent extra as DD2 was home and we had trips to hospital and extra days out when she was recovering from her op. I will be having a few NSDs till payday.

I'm loving the tennis!
    I had a nice walk round town this morning which was relaxing.

DD1 has curled my hair for me as i'm off to a concert tonight!

Gratitudes - amazing tennis this weekend; DD1 for curling my hair; sunny days to get washing dry and fresh sheets on my bed tonight.

Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • mothernerd
    edited 14 July 2019 at 6:04PM
    I've had a shower, eaten most of my salad items and 2 baked potatoes, sorted most categories of rubbish/ recycling, done 2 loads of washing, cut back enough in the garden to fill the green bin, washed my mask and collected enough pots to fill the dishwasher. I'm soooo tired. The only things I am going to attempt are sorting my bed and getting the second load of clothes out when they are done. Added to my savings pots and found a penny roadkill.

Forgot about cleaning the sink and toilet (and part of the floor) No wonder my arm aches so much.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for having a spare room, for plenty of balm tissues (dd +me both), for the shower, for finishing the 4th (and last?) of the knitted posies, for the cycling, and the tennis, for the mysterious Mr Quin, for lo chicken drums.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure