“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    16/01/19
    Debt
    Council Tax [STRIKE]£300[/STRIKE] (Will be £200)
    Rent arrears £1320
    Credit card £0

Total [STRIKE]£1620[/STRIKE] £1520

Bank Balance £18.03 (£1 pending)

Weekly Out - Budget now
    £125 to rent
    £12.50 to Council tax arrears
    £25.60 to this years council tax
    £10 Gas
    £15 Electric
    £11.40 Water
    £5.60 TV License
    £1.25 for phone credit (£5 a month)
    £7.50 for Virgin

£3 Snack

This leaves £30 and odd pence for food and everything else weekly

Not a NSD
    - £6.65 in Mr T (potatoes, milk, bread, nappies)
    - £12.99 syringes (just bought one size for now will wait for vouchers before getting the rest :o)
    + Waiting for a PayPal withdrawal to hit the bank and then the CT debt will be down to £200 :D (Has anyone had a withdrawal say pending for 2-3 days?)

Changed syringes £1 more but double the amount.

Tomorrow has to be a NSD.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Some days just sitting, (in between doing all the housework :o), is the way to go. ;)

Is it just a general meeting on Friday or are you hoping for some progress to be made in some areas. How's DD2 been getting on at school this week, does she seem any more settled or happier going in? Have staff started to talk to you about any support they intend to put in place for her when she turns 5. x
  • WannabeFree
    Forumite
    It's just a review of the change in meds, a bit soon really but the only date they can all get together (we are all together again at the end of the month for a bigger meeting but it would be too long of a wait from starting the new meds)

I don't think much will change well I hope not. I want to push for one of the meds to stay as a certain brand rather than switching to a cheaper one which the GP wants to put on her repeat prescription to cut costs. I think I've mentioned a couple of weeks ago I'm still fighting them and won't back down.

She cried a lot at school today :( She keeps telling me she was crying because her heart hurt because she just needed me :o A bit dramatic lol! She even points to her heart like right there it hurts :o :rotfl:

School will fund a 1 to 1 after Easter, but we haven't had the meetings yet

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Oh bless her!! That makes my heart hurt too :cool: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I do remember you saying about the meds. Stick to your guns about that, they're getting away with stuff in lots of other areas, the least they can do is continue with the meds they know she's OK on.

Oh my goodness. What she said about her heart hurting has made mine melt. Any chance I could borrow her for a few days, I want a little cutie in my life again. :D

Glad the 1:1 is on the cards. Hope they follow through on that. My friend has a Downs child in primary school and she's having to fight like made for some support for him. :( x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Any further thoughts on the home schooling?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    Forumite
    Mine too lucky :o It makes me feel awful

It's difficult teafor2 they just don't have the funding :(

Really something that could happen Beanie. Definitely still my 1st choice.
  • I can’t post links but if you google “hug button” I’m not sure if that would help with littlest xx

• + Waiting for a PayPal withdrawal to hit the bank and then the CT debt will be down to £200 :D (Has anyone had a withdrawal say pending for 2-3 days?)

Hi Wannabe, I've found that PayPal withdrawals can show as pending where the original transaction was sent as an echeque - could that be the case here? I've found PayPal customer service to be very helpful in the past, might be worth giving them a ring to find out why the payment is showing as pending (I've had them release payments for me over the phone)
  • Hi wannabe I had similar fight with my youngest's meds. She had severed epilepsy and the gp said we should change it because of cost. I went mad and luckily had a very supportive consultant who said the slightest addictive/ colour could affect its effectiveness. Stick to your guns lovely.

With regards to paying for syringes, that's crazy the nhs should pay. Can you speak to a consultant/ other doc for prescription?
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure