Changes to Reward and Ultimate Reward Accounts

Options

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    marvin wrote: »
    got two accounts one I have set up to pay two credit cards a month the other I will set-up to pay paypal and something else low value will pay a low amount into paypal which can be used eventually to pay something else.

Makes no difference to me where these are paid from and both are currently paid by debit card not DD.

Please share your info.
    Could we set up DD to PayPal for £1.00? thanks
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've opened up the post office savings account so it creates a direct debit, but does any one else have a credit card with them as well, reason I'm asking is do you know if they have separate dd origionator codes and secondly do both credit cards and saving accounts with them show on the same in Internet log in or is it separate like tesco's Internet banking
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can it be for as little as £1?
    You dont have to fill in the top part of the form for the regular transfer.

Having said that there is no lower limit.
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Please share your info.
    Could we set up DD to PayPal for £1.00? thanks

The DD is set-up by Paypal you request the money to your account from Paypal. I see no reason why this cannot be any amount after all Paypal check your account by sending penny's too it.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • savetilibleed
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    You dont have to fill in the top part of the form for the regular transfer.

Having said that there is no lower limit.
    Oh! Sorry don't get how the regular amount will get pulled from the Halifax account to the eSaver if not specified on the form?
  • ncscooby
    Options
    mulronie wrote: »
    I don't think it's an absolute joke, and I can believe they are changing it. Actually I'm surprised it's taken them this long.

I've been waiting for this since it was launched in they just aren't making any money out of my 3 otherwise-inactive current accounts (2 Halifax, one BoS). It's an annual cost of £75 per account to them (the monthly £5 is paid to us net, remember), for nothing in return - it's difficult to make a margin on a balance of £0.01.

Anyone who genuinely uses the Reward account as their main account will not be affected at all, which is surely Halifax's point. It's only an inconvenience to us grubby MSE'ers and our ilk.

I would love for you to explain how i will not be affected? I use this as my main current account....my salary is paid in every month, DD in and out...i also make use of the £300 interest free OD all the time - which by the way i had to upgrade to as the "convenient" £1 a day they started charging to be OD was crippling!

So if i am OD on ANY one day in the calendar month i am no longer eligible for the £10 cost of the account.....which by the way they are now refering to as a discounted rate for paying in over 1k a month - which is utter rubbish its their £5 reward which brings the cost down to £10...

I AM FUMING:mad:
  • Derivative
    Derivative Posts: 1,698 Forumite
    Options
    ncscooby wrote: »

Calm down, dear. It's only a bank account.
    Said Aristippus, “If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.”
    Said Diogenes, “Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.”[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    ncscooby wrote: »
    I would love for you to explain how i will not be affected? I use this as my main current account....my salary is paid in every month, DD in and out...i also make use of the £300 interest free OD all the time - which by the way i had to upgrade to as the "convenient" £1 a day they started charging to be OD was crippling!

So if i am OD on ANY one day in the calendar month i am no longer eligible for the £10 cost of the account.....which by the way they are now refering to as a discounted rate for paying in over 1k a month - which is utter rubbish its their £5 reward which brings the cost down to £10...

If your overdraft remains less than £300, when it's used, then a little bit of careful budgeting should quickly enable you to move out of the overdraft, and stay out right through the month.
  • GooliesOfFire
    Options
    But the £300 fee-free overdraft is no longer fee-free, is it? The pleasure of being overdrawn for even one day will cost £5 now.

I closed my URCA yesterday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport