Music download where from?

Hi
I am looking to download some albums like The Beat etc and save them on to CD's or memory sticks.
Where would be the best place to purchase and download or is there somewhere free

Thanks
Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 April 2019 at 9:18PM
    GT60 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am looking to download some albums like The Beat etc and save them on to CD's or memory sticks.
    Where would be the best place to purchase and download or is there somewhere free

Thanks

2 options

Amazon
    ITunes

Depends where you can get the album from as it could limit your choice.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Be careful with itunes: in the past I had well over 1000 itunes, but every now and then, itunes updates and the versions of some itunes don't carry on with the new upgrade or the license changes and I lose tunes. I've got about 60% of what I had before, luckily I've uploaded to a back up device but I do not think I should have to do this by default. No other player acts like this IME.
  • Bookowl
    Bookowl Posts: 160 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    hi
    does anyone have tips on how to download cheap music? I got rid of my Amazon music subscription.
  • K80_Black
    K80_Black Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Post
    Depends on the music you want. If it's pop stuff, you're pretty much stuck with amazon and iTunes for mp3s. For other genres, smaller artists often have albums for free or dirt cheap on bandcamp.

For alternative steaming platforms, If you don't mind adverts and limited capability to pick songs, Spotify free version could work for you. I personally use YouTube with an adblocker for most music - there's loads uploaded there now perfectly legitimatly, usually under 'artist name' - topic.
  • Really torn between Amazon, Spotify, iTunes, what does everyone use?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Joshboast wrote: »
    Really torn between Amazon, Spotify, iTunes, what does everyone use?

I dont buy songs, I have Amazon music and it covers absolutely everything I need and is included in my prime membership.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ukguy2k
    ukguy2k Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have membership with mp3million. It has lasted me for some years now, from one lowest deposit. I think was $15 or $20. Although, I got mp3's from them occasionally.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    ukguy2k wrote: »
    mp3million.

If you are happy to give you money to ( very ) grey eastern european criminals who dont pay artists ( Do you really think they operate legally but still charge less than 10% of other sites ? )
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Joshboast wrote: »
    Really torn between Amazon, Spotify, iTunes, what does everyone use?

Why you torn ?

Just choose 1 or 2, can add Google Music to the list too.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    For older / popular stuff, I often find it cheaper to buy a used CD from ebay, poundland etc then rip it and stick it in the loft....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback