Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Have a lovely day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Had a lovely lunch with friends. Very disappointed with not being able to walk very far though. Bought a jacket from M&S 20% off then used the £50 gift card which brought it down to £10. Then went to Debenhams and got a jumper also 20% off, used a gift voucher and only £4.40 exchanged hands :) Had to keep sitting down to rest then gave up and went to meeting venue early, got myself a glass of wine and sat reading the paper until my friends arrived.

Absolutely exhausted now, foot is throbbing.

I don't shop til I drop I drop before I shop :( Try saying that after a glass of wine!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Before I forget - today's spends:

£26 cut and blow dry including tip
    £4.50 coffee and cookie
    £10 jacket (which started out at £75)
    £4.40 jumper (which should've been £18)
    £11.20 lunch including wine (bargain!)
    £9.15 Sainsburys - this included a box of wine they were selling off for £8.34 - only went in for a loaf of bread!

So not too bad considering.

Only trouble is with pub lunches, when you eat healthily like I do, they are often very salty, so have been drinking water like it's going out of fashion!
  • beanielou
    Glad you had a good day.
    Boo to foot though :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Really pleased you got some 'you' time today. Fab bargains, new hair and time with friends! What more could you need?! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Glad you had a good time and got some bargains too

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Trying to have a more restful day today. Have cleaned up the whole house but only a quick clean not a deep clean.

Today's spends Mr M order at 7am this morning £56.85, £2.70 for lotto and paper and 15.30 on taxis to and from kitchen place, was only there 30 minutes! Mr SA kept butting in with daft ideas then got mad when I tried to stop him making a fool of himself by prodding him with my crutch.

DS is bringing the grandkids round in a bit. Which has reminded me of another spend today - £20 in his OH's birthday card!

Mr SA is having the other steak from the M&S dine in deal tonight, I'm having a stir fry. Looking forward to putting my feet up later.
  • beanielou
    Laughs at the prodding with crutch :rotfl:

• Evening SA,

So glad you had a lovely day out yesterday, even if you didn't shop until you dropped so to speak! Like the sound of your bargains.

Haha to you prodding Mr SA with the crutch :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• I now have Dory from Finding Nemo singing in my head, but instead of "Just keep swimming", she's singing "Just keep prodding" :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family