PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 20th August 2019

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 20 August 2019 at 6:12AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 20th August 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Cloudy and dull here, but forecast is for sky to clear and sunshine, so I'll be pegging out a line of washing and hoping for the best.

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS2 now getting ready for work, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my first cuppa and my porridge whilst on here. DS2 settled and ok.

Dinner last night was egg, bacon, sausage, saute new potatoes, black pudding, mushrooms and beans - all eaten and enjoyed. I decided to use new potatoes sliced thinly and saute'd as I didn't have enough hash browns for us all - and I didn't want to buy anything when new potatoes were in the cupboard. Dinner tonight will be roasted chicken thighs with either a HM egg and veg fried rice or pasta - I think it may well be the rice.

Yesterday work was very quiet to start off with then went manic and we were so busy then went dead for a while and then went manic again - strange but a whole variety of enquiries too. I'm working at the other office today so we'll see what that brings.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

I slept like a baby last night, must have been all the rushing about at work! The day flew in but still don't feel like I achieved very much. It's lovely to see all the children in their sparkly new uniforms.

I bought some wool on the way home, going to try to knit a baby cardigan for the impending arrival, should really knit it in age 12 as itll take me that long to finish it!

The weather looks hopeful but not holding my breath. Work should begin on the new deck out the back today, not holding my breath there either!

Hope your ankle is better Gers, did you get to the Doc?

Hope you all have a good day, take care. XX
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning, hooray not raining so I have a small load of towels whomping around in the machine.

I was really tired last night, was falling asleep over my book at 7.30 so went to bed just before 9, slept until 3. That's a decent sleep for me.

Yesterday I cut back non-fruiting stems of brambles, got a good handful of blackberries, very OS and then dropped half behind some prickly stems, less OS. There are lots of slowly ripening ones to come, son and husband like them but I never have, perhaps just as well because of dropping half.

Have been out to feed the birds but a mummy rat and little rat have pounced on tge food, they are looking sleek. I don't mind rats as long as they don't come indoors and these seem to stay down at the end of the garden. There is a brook beyond the back fence so there will always be rats, they were here before us and will he here after we leave.

I'm going to have some toast and marmite now and then look at my jobs list, I've managed to cross a lot off this week, the remaining ones, apart from regular housework, are things I don't much fancy doing.

I hope everyone has as good a day as possible
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Morning folks and thanks Nmlc. It's looking somewhat miserable outside, may rain or may not but apparently sun is forecast for later.

After a manic day with the 3 DGDs all day yesterday, today is mine. Being Tuesday it's my day for meeting my oldest friend for coffees and lunch. I haven't had the Cheesy Broccoli Bake for a while, as the Lasagne on specials tempted me instead, but think I may go back to it today. Yum! We'll have our usual trawl of the shops afterwards but I'm hoping my purse will stay shut as there is nothing I need.

My usual avocado and poached egg is for brekkie and I need to get a sachet of soup from the freezer to have with a bagel when I start to feel peckish after my lunchtime excesses.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely and, of course, the MIA. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all.
    Camelot, when I saw your post I thought of those potatoes from your allotment. I’m sure your friends and neighbours were delighted. Home grown potatoes are so delicious.
    Gers hope the ankle is better today.
    TA maybe it’s the broccoli bake for lunch? It sounds fab.
    Lounging in bed with a cup of tea then it will be a mad dash for shower and off to work. Yesterday wasn’t as busy as we expected so I hope it’s the same today.
    Have a good day folks
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Bright and sunny here and set in for the day I think its nice not to see rain for a change.

I am off to the Dr this morning, not to see a Dr but to see a nurse, I could not see the Dr till the end of Sept and they offered the nurse as an alternative, my sis and BiL have both seen her recently and she told them there was nothing to worry about and sent them off only for them to both end up hospitalised (at different times) so I am not holding out much hope, if she cant help today I shall phone tomorrow and tell them its an emergency and that I must see a Dr the pain in my foot is getting worse everyday.

I have a gammon joint to go in the sc after this to have for dinner tonight with some chips and an egg there will be enough left for a meal on Friday too which is good.

Right I had better get on have good days all xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    |Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a lovely sunny morning here and I can hear seagulls calling which always makes me think I am on holiday :). Steve and Phoebe have left for work and Lee and Lilly are still fast asleep. Lilly has a trial shift at a local restaurant this evening so please can you all cross your fingers for her.

I jumped on the scales this morning...no that is not true, I gingerly lowered myself on the scales this morning and it was good news. I lost 13lb this week so that was a good start. I am feeling very positive and determined, I just wish I could bottle this feeling for when it all seems a bit much.

Chicken and vegetable curry for dinner tonight but I am going to have cauliflower rice with mine. I have written a rough meal plan but then decided to delay the shopping being delivered as we still have so much food in. This week is going to be a use it up week so there may be some interesting combinations being served :rotfl:.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all.

A day of analgesics really helped yesterday, so much that by bedtime I was pain free. And this morning all seems well though I will be be taking my Geordie friends advice to 'gan canny'.

This morning I'll get to the dental lab to colour match my new crown, collect a script for DM and buy some eggs and a compression bandage. I didn't see a doc yesterday so will see if I can get to the minor injuries place later.

Redruby - I hope that your visit to the nurse is successful.

Thoughts to the poorlies. Happy Tuesday to all.
  • Good morning, it's grey and windy here, but I think it has to get better.
    Yesterday was sunny, but there were heavy showers, caused a bit of bad language because I had washing out, and according to the forecast it was going to stay dry!!

I met up with DD on our little main street, and Dgd came back with me for tea. She certainly livens us up, we haven't seen them for a fortnight as we've all been away.

I'm going to Tai Chi this morning, I haven't been for a month so it will be good to see everyone. Hope I remember what to do. Tonight we'll be going to the usual quiz, again it'll be good to see friends.

Hope you enjoy your Tuesday out TA. it's good to see friends.

Redruby, it's terrible that you can't see a doctor till end of September, hope the nurse is some use.

Good to see you back Nanny.

I wonder where all of our absent posters are, hope they are ok. It's great to see new posters though.

Anyway hope everyone has a good day.

Take care folks xx
  • Oh Gers, I've just read your post and laughed at "Gan Canny"!! Once or twice I've nearly signed off with that but thought they'll wonder what I'm on about!
  • Morning everyone,

Yesterday I was in London for the day with work. I went on my own on this occaision, which I really don't mind. I put my earphones in and listen to podcasts as I'm on my travels inbetween meetings. Managed to keep spends low and most will go on expenses anyway. I practically passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

My weekend, in contrast, was very relaxing, where I done very little apart from the usual weekend staples for me (yoga, gym, meal prep, football etc). Low spend too.

I've been to the gym this morning and I need to go to the hospital at lunch to get my 24 ECG monitor fitted to try and see if it's my ticker that's causing these dizzy spells. If I'm allowed, I'll go to the gym tonight but if not, it'll have to be a feet up night - doctors orders and all that.

TA - I'm sure you'll enjoy your lunch regardless of your choice.
    RR - All the best today. Trust your gut.
    Dumpling - That's amazing!! Really well done!! Seems an awful lot to lose in a week mind you. Careful you're not overdoing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure