PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Can you put me down for £280 for my first attempt please, 2 adults, 3 ds (16,15,11), 1 huge hairy beast (10stone st bernard x)
    Real men never follow instructions; after all they are just the manufacturer's opinion on how to put something together. :p
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    March already....going for €300 again, think that is the lowest I can go before the garden kicks in...there is a bit of spinach and salad leaves there at present, few leeks too I think.

Good luck to all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Hi Guys!

Want to get on the 1st page:D

Can you put me down for £30pw please?

Thanks

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Hi :) I'd like to join please! My budget is £250 for two of us but would like to only spend £150 so I can put the rest towards our wedding next year! This money is to cover all food, cat stuff and basic toiletries (not cleanser and moisturiser and stuff like that). Good luck everyone!
  • I managed a NSD yesterday. I have to go to Lidl, the butchers and greengrocers today. We are going to have HM burgers this evening while we watch the rugby. Tomorrow will be another NSD. I think I am finally organised. I am confident of coming in under or close to budget in March.
    GC 2011 Feb £626.89/£450 NSD3/7 March £531.26/£450 April £495.99/£500 NSD 0/7 May £502.79/£500
    June £511.99/£480 July £311.56/£480
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hello all.........have a great March. Ive already started as Mar started on 20/2.
    Nearly blew it in Costco today but managed to contain myself. Any recipes for 10kg of Persil?:rolleyes: lol!!!
    Off to update sig and plan out rest of month.:D

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • PLEASE PUT ME DOWN FOR £220 FOR MARCH
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    a new thread ...thank u to all who have set it up

we had roast chicken for lunch and am going to do something with the left overs for lunch tomorrow...undecided between pie or with pasta might go for pasta as i wont haveto make pastry...mine isnt the best iykwim.....

will need to pop to the shop later to get some squash ...the rest of us will drink water but ds aged 3 isnt impressed if he is offered water...i will have to work on him

i got some great bits from home bargains yesterday for packed luches...i make 2 a day ....they do cheap crisps and drinks.....i buy a few drinks and then fill them up for a week with squash...washing it out in between refills i find fruit [EMAIL="sh@t"]shoot[/EMAIL] bottles quite long lasting..they also do water with the sports caps that other ds has on his desk at school always cheap...and strong reuseable bottles...but please dont tell him

have a great day
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • jha
    jha Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Put me down for £150 this month please :) for 2 adults down from £250 last month. (pets on seperate budjet due to vet food and large vet bills):eek:
  • Hi there everyone, I'm sorry I don't get to post much - just so busy at the moment and poor old puter is very slow! I have decided that I have to change my month to 24th - 23rd - having to get tougher with budgets and as my bank statements are to 23rd - I think it will make the accounting easier. So have done my budget to 28th this month - came in at £245.53/£280 so well pleased - but please could you put me down for £210 this month please as it will only be 3 weeks until I need to declare again. I seem to spend so much time thinking about money and what I haven't got and where I could cut more but feel we are now fairly thrifty - sky TV basic package is still a luxury but hey - I would have to think of a lot more to do with the kids if they hadn't got some TV to watch!! But it may have to go. However, I have to say that I have saved a total of £16.97 this month by using coupons and some LVs I got for a survey. That's nearly 7% so I feel I've done OK - thanks to all those on the coupons thread! Keep smiling everyone - it will get better - soon!!
    Sealed Pot 617 - target £150 only managed £27 in 2009!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure