PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) dd1 met me and mum after church. We went to lunch at new middle east restaurant. i had koshari. it was lish
    2) then lush cos i had 5 empties to swap for 'free' face mask
    3) then i walked home via mr L and bough salad stuff for the week's lunches (i had my back pack with me)
    4) 2 hours ceilidh music practice
    5) sung compline followed by a tot of whisky - Glen Livert, very nice
    Now in bed watching 'The Farm'. My neighbour Annie is in it.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Tracked the 2 planes on and off all day. The first one was delayed so they had a mad dash through Doha airport to catch the second plane.

3) Hens OK.

4) Did a few odd jobs.

5) Off to Redditch for 11pm as another VSO person's parents had given bigger son a lift there. That is only an hour from us.

6) A McDonalds, as requested.

7) Back home and bigger son is a bit sad that he was with all his friends for breakfast this morning but there are some he will never see again. He's made a video which I will link to once he has posted it on Youtube. He's given smaller son a t shirt which he is thrilled with. :-)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frith you must be pleased bigger son is home.

1. Went to a free exhibition at the Science must about codes and GCHQ with DH. It was very interesting. The museum was packed but the exhibition as it was ticketed meant it wasn't too busy.

2. Sun was shining when we left, it was raining when we arrived, so we then decided to walk back to the station.

3. As we walked past V and A DH said he had never been in so in we went. There is a lovely courtyard area in the centre of the building with a water feature which is designed to be walked in. So I did.

4. Stopped at Waterstones as DH wanted a book and we had a drink in the bar with a view of London.

5. DS1 told us all about the wedding and had brought home some wine, champagne and beer and water.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aw, welcome home son of Frith, what an adventure.

Sunday pleasures,

Felt a tad rough with sniffles, aches & pains so the pleasure of hot honey & lemon and the lovely man who makes them for me.

Snoozing on the sofa with small dog cuddles.

Might have watched some cricket :D

Apparently two of my ancestors were amongst the first members of the Kingsguard ( only fans of GOT will get this )

All this inactive time gave me opportunity to review my stock cupboard and make a small list of prepping needs.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    edited 19 August 2019 at 12:27PM
    Options
    Back at the mill. And a reminder. Today is not POETS Day, Tomorrow is not POETS Day, even the day after tomorrow is not POETS Day. There sore ted that out for you! SS its will soon be here!

My speed has been confirmed by the bizzies and I has paid my victims surcharge. Next time I shall flatten him with me wheels of steal! Anyway now has a course on how such a bad laddie I has bin and will waste four hours of my life listening to some HR Social worker type! Then is will be POETS Day!

The night ware of BoPsie that was bought with a saint label some moons ago has made its own way to the recycle bin. It is no more she dresses in it.

Mr Archer was on form inn the cricket. I hear that cheat smiff was jeered again in the long room! Bring on Thursday and let’s …

Was at JAM yesterday on the Tin Triangle. More appearances in September.

Came home to chilli snorker pot in Mediterranean crump. Not in Jimmy the Cook’s book and good for you. BoPsie had bin commenting that I has had not done me chilli snorkers for an age. Was staple food of BoP years back, but not everyone liked it so I had loads! Any weigh here is!
    Six juicy snorkers (PM2SS Snorkers are sausages!) Naggles. Veggie snorkers are available!

Tin of toms. Mushrooms, onion, any style. Toss onions in pan fry and toss mushrooms in, Add fridge bitsers. Top with toms. Stir, add chill. Grill snorkers. In dish lay out snorkers, top with mix from pan. Add cheese and bake for twenty minutes. Pop some sweetcorn of pan. When dish is ready, top with sweetcorn and serve! Nice, Tasty and Proper food! The left over sauce mis crump shall be used for the chicken this weak. Tell that to Delia!

Just had one of them FaceBuck this morning about the MoT. They very quickly updated the site, but BoP did get a screenshot of the wording!

Now enuffs from BoP.

Chivalry is the most honoured in victory? Just read in my book that F/O John Kendall gave his life, but before doing so gave the location of a German Condor he had shot down. Aged 21 he was never found, the crew of the Condor were rescued! John was aged 21
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bedtime. A decent sleep would be welcomed.

Day off. Hurrah!

Dog vomited 3 socks not so hurrah.

Went to lidl , TK Maxx and Dunelm ( hate there but they had what I needed) and tesco...almost needed a lie down after spending money!

popped up to a friend with some flowers , she's had a tough few days.

didn't have to go car shopping as DD didn't pass her test. So that's the only bonus, poor love!

Went to allotment very briefly as it started to pour and two other dogs came in so Haggis and I left. I was only down to check my pumpkins anyway. A bunch of sweet peas was all I took as I left the courgettes to grow a bit bigger.

Home and no rain here ( 5 minutes drive away!) framed some prints I'd received from etsy.

Pottered in the garden. Weeded. Moved the tree so I can see it out my patio doors. It was so heavy...poor OH friend as I ummed and aaaahed yesterday! Planted the pansies and chrysanthemums. Cut down hedge that belongs to over the fence...going out the garden gate was like walking through a jungle!

Lasagne for tea with our potatoes and some sprouts and peas. Made a tiny crumble just for me as I have so much frozen fruit in freezer and found some frozen crumble mix. I've spotted some ripe brambles at the allotment but will need to be well armoured to get them!

Put new frames up in living room. The tall child helped me.

Watched Corrie and Easties on the actual telly! It's now back in the family room.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Monday).

1) No lie in! As a certain gentleman was up before 7 with jet lag.

2) Did all the washing... 3 loads in total. It had been washed numerous times under a pipe coming out of the side of a hill (not mains water and not drinkable). So it smelled... interesting... when removed from his bag. A bit like old tents! Glad to get it all done.

3) Hens OK.

4) Bigger son popped in to the garage where he was working part time before and I think he will start back there.

5) Went to mum and dad's and my brother, brother in law and niece were also there. Hugs all round (don't think I have ever seen my brother hug anyone before!) Mum had bought him some chai tea, which he has enjoyed in Nepal.

6) Off to college to find out about taking the exams he missed (as he wasn't here). Half the department came out to talk to him (mainly about toilets around the world). He'll be going to college 2-3 times this week for exams and practical assessments.

7) Popped into the local to college caf! as they have asked about him so many times. He then went off to see his friends based in that town then he has been out with MrN's son5 all evening. Picking him up in a minute.

8) Quick tidy and watered the pots.

9) Watched Nadiya and Uni Challenge but fell asleep through Who Do You Think You Are? We didn't get to bed until 2am as we were chatting and looking at his photographs and he was trying to get over that smaller son has grown 5cm in a few months so bigger son might not actually be the tallest anymore...

Next stop: GCSE results. What a strange week!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Washing dried mostly in line despite some rain in the middle of the day.

2. Work happened. At end of day line manager acknowledged my back was painful but said it had been ok at the start of the day. Strange as someone I barely know realised it was bad as I walked in.

3. Sorted out a cupboard in the kitchen. More space in there now.

4. Enjoyed tea and nobody complained. I was expecting complaints as had rice and tomatoes in it! Will make it again. Enough left for lunch too.

5. Spoke with my parents on the phone briefly. My Dad gets his results today. Had a laugh as they had a friend coming round. I now make an effort to phone well before 7 as that's when people normally go round but yesterday they arrived at 6.30 so a much quicker conversation than I had anticipated.

Frith you had a busy day. It must be fascinating to hear all his adventures.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    Options
    Monday pleasures,

Went to the emporium and my fav bread flour was on offer with decent use by date so picked up several bags, have repurposed sealable plastic box for under stair storage.

Over to the yard and just got out to the paddocks when the heavens opened....coat was in the car!

Bread was baked, fruit prepared for Bara Birth to be finished today and veggies roasted.

Unexpected visit from DSIL so stopped for a cuppa and a chat.

Went to the Arts cinema with DB to see Blinded by the Light, am a big fan of the Boss so loved the soundtrack and being set in the 80’s lots of visual memories of me youf!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all, I'm back from festivalling….

Pleasures for the last week or so.

1. Beautiful Days festival. What a lovely one it is. Great people, great artists, great food. Not so great weather.
    2. My "Oxfamily" co volunteers who are all really lovely, friendly people. I went alone, but was not alone.
    3. My tent, which kept all the rain out :T
    4. My lovely, lovely, hot bubbly bath when I got home
    5. my lovely, lovely bed. Which I had to leave far too early this morning...

I am in London already, as I have a supervision [STRIKE]kicking[/STRIKE] meeting this morning. Have a nice day all - I won't :rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure