When do 0% rates run to?

Are the 0% periods on introductory balance transfer offers always counted from account opening, or do some issuers start them from the date of transfer?

Comments

• Weybridge78
    Weybridge78 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    If you have opened a new credit card, then I believe the promotional period begins when the account opens, which is annoying as you likely don't receive your card on the account opening date.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Last year I had a Nationwide Select credit card which timed 0% interest balance transfers from the date of the transfer. The balance transfer had to be made within three months of opening the account. This card had a promotional offer of 12 months from the date of the balance transfer so effectively offering 12 to 15 months from the date of account opening. It also offered 12 months 0% interest on all purchases from the account opening date.

I also have Tesco, Santander and Virgin Money credit cards with 0% balance transfer deals but these all run from the date of opening the account. To be fair, I received the cards within two or three days of the account opening date.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Not all credit cards are the same.

Read the terms and conditions to be absolutely sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure