Leaving car engine running

Options

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Inlaws OAP complex had the same thing every wintery morning, bit of snow or frost on the cars and they would start them up and leave them running until every spot of ice or snow had gone, no attempt to clear any of it off beforehand.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I run mine for 5 minutes, sitting in the car waiting for the mist inside the car to clear (I miss the windscreen heaters from my old car). I'm annoyed also waiting for it clear, I just want to go.
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    I run mine for 5 minutes, sitting in the car waiting for the mist inside the car to clear (I miss the windscreen heaters from my old car). I'm annoyed also waiting for it clear, I just want to go.

Get your door seals sorted.
  • JP1978
    JP1978 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Get your door seals sorted.

I have had new cars that have had the same issue. Its sometimes just a fact on some cars that condensation does develop on the inside of the windows.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    And some of us can't help steaming up the windows because we're hot stuff! ;)
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    And some of us can't help steaming up the windows because we're hot stuff! ;)

Hot stuff or just full of hot air :)

:beer: :A:A:A
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JP1978 wrote: »
    I have had new cars that have had the same issue. Its sometimes just a fact on some cars that condensation does develop on the inside of the windows.
    That's what aircon is for, not just for hot summer days.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 4 February 2018 at 10:41AM
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    I use a shower squeegee, much quicker. Also probably cheaper and better for the car.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I live near a school entrance. In the winter all the school run parents start turning up 30 minutes before kicking out time then leave their engines running to keep warm. Obviously the pollution caused by their twice daily journey and associated congestion isn't enough for them.
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I live near a school entrance. In the winter all the school run parents start turning up 30 minutes before kicking out time then leave their engines running to keep warm. Obviously the pollution caused by their twice daily journey and associated congestion isn't enough for them.
    This would be the issue for me. I can tolerate the sound of a car idling outside my house, but the smell of the exhaust drifting in through the windows would annoy me. If it was every day, I'd be having a word.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure