Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    There are some price decreases at Aldi too. The premium baked beans were down to 29p, the small Danish loaf down 10p, 4p off the Best of Both bread.
    My Lacura facial serum had 46p off it and was down to £2.99 from £3.45.
    Swings and roundabouts.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 January 2017 at 7:44PM
    Yes...

- Aldi Bananas up 4p to 72p

- Lidl Skyr (which is delicious) up 10p to 99p

Aldi 4 x Choc & Nut cones remain at 89p, but the recipe is improved.

Lidl 6 x Salted Butter Caramel cones are back (@1.55)

I had Lidl Deluxe Melt in the middle Fishcakes last week when they were on offer, and they were delicious (2 for 1.09, IIRC).
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Has anyone purchased the leather effect car seat covers from Aldi?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought the last 2 Lidl Deluxe sticky toffee puddings on the shelf this afternoon (not for me). They were on the weekend offer at 99p and were much bigger than I thought.

I have been told they were very nice, all gone now.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Feral_Moon
    I can't believe people are complaining over a few pence increase in prices. Far less a margin than the bigger supermarkets. And do you realistically expect prices to remain static in such a turbulent and unstable market right now?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Yes...

- Aldi Bananas up 4p to 72p

As somebody else pointed out, it's typically cheaper now to buy single bananas at 11p each rather than a pack. The single ones are often pretty big.
    Stompa
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The large cheesecakes (from the chiller cabinet) caught me out. They were £1.69, now £2.49, though the weight has increased from 500g to 590g. It's a price increase of around 25%.
    Stompa
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    adsk wrote: »
    I prefer the smell of the Aldi liquid. It reminds me a little of washing that's been dried outdoors. Comfort has a more intense and longer lasting smell but I hate strong fragrance from my laundry so it suits me. I also find that Comfort goes really thick and gloopy a few weeks after opening, the Aldi liquid stays very thin so you can dose it more precisely.

I agree with you. I really not interested in the perfume that's why I was interested to see if Aldi's version was just as good.

Was going to buy a bottle of the 1ltr concentrate to try but would you believe they had sold out of the one I wanted. Did not want to buy the 2ltr bottle version as all it is is the 1ltr watered down. I can supply my own extra water ;)

Will try to buy next time I'm in there again.

Thanks for review.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    I can't believe people are complaining over a few pence increase in prices. Far less a margin than the bigger supermarkets. And do you realistically expect prices to remain static in such a turbulent and unstable market right now?

As they 'look after pennies and the pound will lookafter themselves'.

I am just tight. You might hear me squeaking as I wander around supermarkets. :D

I do know to be honest that both Aldi and Lidl don't rack the prices up just for the profit.

I've been in Sainsburys recently and some of thier post Xmas price increases are getting out of control. You can now buy some items cheaper in Waitrose which says lot.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Feral_Moon
    edited 24 January 2017 at 9:09PM
    robin58 wrote: »
    As they 'look after pennies and the pound will lookafter themselves'.

I am just tight. You might hear me squeaking as I wander around supermarkets. :D

I do know to be honest that both Aldi and Lidl don't rack the prices up just for the profit.

I've been in Sainsburys recently and some of thier post Xmas price increases are getting out of control. You can now buy some items cheaper in Waitrose which says lot.

I had to pop in Tesco <spit> the other day as I needed to get something from the pharmacy. Thought I'd have a wander round the store and grab a few essentials and was gobsmacked at the price of some products, especially the fruit and veg! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure