IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket for parking in disabled bay - should I pay or appeal?

Wonderland2018
Wonderland2018 Posts: 10 Forumite
edited 20 January 2018 at 3:01AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Thank you for your advice.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Which parking company? UKCPM?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can I appeal on the grounds of his error or alsothat it was dark and hard to see the markings? Or shall I just suck it up and pay?

Another option might be to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and sent the 'already written for you' appeal to the PPC.

Who is the Private Parking Company?
  • It was Parking Ticketing Limited
  • KeithP
    It was Parking Ticketing Limited
    As they are members of The British Parking Association's Approved Operators Scheme, send the blue template appeal from post #1 of the thread I mentioned earlier.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It was Parking Ticketing Limited
    Their company name tells you everything. Unashamed! Not even attempting to masquerade as a parking management company. Maybe they’re being more honest than the rest.

They’re nothing to worry about - initial appeal, get them crushed at POPLA which will kill this dead - for good. See NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 for your first steps.

If you’re brave enough and understand the potential risks (don’t just do this because it seems the easiest option) you could just ignore everything, short of a LBCCC or real court papers - which will need dealing with.

A non-litigious company currently, but they have 6 years to pursue you through the county court - and no one can guarantee how they might behave between now and 2024.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parking_Ticketing.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thank you for your help
  • laskes
    laskes Posts: 36 Forumite
    Thank you for your advice.

I appealed on Day 26 using a standard template from NEWBIE Sticky board.

Today they sent me this reply.
    What do I do? Ignore and wait for the official notice to the keeper?
    Respond and ask for POPLA code again? Or will they send it anyway if I ignore them?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your letter of appeal against the Parking Charge Notice issued under the terms of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your appeal as you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the PCN being issued, as per the above Legislation. Could we please kindly request the driver to appeal against the Parking Charge Notice if they wish to, so that we can process an appeal, as we actively seek to process all valid appeals.

If we do not hear from the driver within 7 days, appeals department will accept the appeal from yourself as we assume you will have taken responsibility for the PCN.

Please note if you are unable or unwilling to provide the driver!!!8217;s details and the parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver, we have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you. This Notice is given to you under Paragraph 9(2)(f) of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and is subject to our complying with the applicable conditions under Schedule 4 of that Act.

Should you provide an incorrect address for service, we may pursue you for any Parking Charge amount that remains unpaid.

Should you identify someone, who denies they were the driver, we may pursue you for any Parking Charge amount that remains unpaid.

Could you or the driver please get back to us within 7 days from the above date, failure to do so will result in the PCN being passed to a Debt Collections Agent after 28 days from the date of issue, where further charges will be added.

They can also appeal online through our website at www.ptlappeals.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Appeals Dept.

UNQUOTE
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is a scam. Parliament are in the process of regulating these companies and no doubt some may go out of business. See what Parliament said in the HoC recently and complain robustly to you MP.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41,
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • KeithP
    Laskes, if you want advice on your situation then please start your own thread.

It can only lead to confusion trying to deal with two people's issues in one thread.

Meanwhile, ignore that letter and wait for a PoPLA code.

No further response on this thread please.
  • laskes
    laskes Posts: 36 Forumite
    Thanks, Keith! Sorry, I am in very similar situation as the OP so guess looking for the same advise. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure