My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Sending you lots of get well vibes xx There are some really nasty bugs going around and the cold/flu one seems to floor people.

Big hugs to you xx
  • Sending you lots of get well vibes xx There are some really nasty bugs going around and the cold/flu one seems to floor people.

Big hugs to you xx
    Awwww thankyou,I have certainly been knocked for six with this bug,it think it’s because the week before I got it I had a nasty tummy bug and didn’t really get chance to recover from that before I got this chest infection ,hopefully if I spend today and tomorrow relaxing I will be feeling better by Thursday
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Right I thought I would postt a SOA Of my finances as they stand at the moment today
    Income £1170 basic month £1203 with unsocial hours
    Mortgage = £179.29
    Rent =£190.99
    Council tax = 149.00
    Water = £62.50
    Gas/Electric = £75
    Tv/Phone/BB= £51
    Mobile =£9.00
    Home Ins = £9.20
    RCN= £8.20
    TV Licence =£12.12
    Boiler Ins = £27.41
    Food= £140.00
    Riding = £60
    Emergencies =£20
    Total = £993.71

Debts
    Barclay CC = £6,679
    MBNA CC1 = £2.619
    MBNA CC2 = £5,030
    NW CC = £2,202
    NW OD = £1,100
    Total = £17,630
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,032 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It sounds to me as though your boss made a good decision. You must be quite run down and the best place is bed then a gradual build up to normal activity. Something similar is going round my work: a colleague had it before I did, another had it at the same time as I did then someone else went down yesterday. It's debilitating.

Are you sure you should be aiming for Thursday? A few more days to build up your strength could make a big difference.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your cuppa and manage to get some sleep. Four hours isn't nice! And if your weather is anything like ours today, being tucked up in bed sounds lovely!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,032 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Ooh, just crossed posts with your SOA. I'm not much good at SOAs so perhaps someone with more knowledge will be along soon. What percentage are your CCs at?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 February 2018 at 1:44PM
    It sounds to me as though your boss made a good decision. You must be quite run down and the best place is bed then a gradual build up to normal activity. Something similar is going round my work: a colleague had it before I did, another had it at the same time as I did then someone else went down yesterday. It's debilitating.

Are you sure you should be aiming for Thursday? A few more days to build up your strength could make a big difference.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your cuppa and manage to get some sleep. Four hours isn't nice! And if your weather is anything like ours today, being tucked up in bed sounds lovely!
    I!
    Thanks I’ve just got up again to sit on the settee,I cant sleep so thought I might as well sit downstairs and relax instead,this bug is certainly something else,I dont feel too bad in myself now its just the uncontrollable coughing and lack of sleep last night that pushed me over the edge,I will see how I am tomorrow afternoon,if I can get some decent sleep I think it will be ok
    Im not sure what % my cards are on part of the Barclaycard is a later 0% transfer that I did and one of the MBNA cards is just about to finish its 0% deal,The NatWest card will be whatever their standard interest rate is,Im not sure what that is at the moment
    Ive just logged into my new account to check to see if the DD Ive set up are there but I cant see any,Im wondering if its because they havent been used yet,Ive just messaged them to find out,I emptied the last of my old bank account of £3.76 just now and paid it off the NatWest card so they have had £100 off me this month which includes the regular minimum payment on DD plus £50 that was spare in the account and the little bit today,they wont be gettting anymore now though until Stepchange pay them
    Forgot to add that the weather here this morning was awful,horizontal rain,loads of people had trouble getting in to work its cheering up a bit now but its very cold
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry to hear you still feel so poorly, but glad you have a sensible boss who sent you home. Personally, my opinion for what its worth, is that Thursday is still too soon. Why not take the rest of the week and see how you feel on Monday? I think you are dealing with anxiety as well as the virus at the moment caused by your debt problems. Even when you are meant to be recuperating, you are still thinking about your DMP/debts etc. I know how hard it is at the start, I used to think about ours 24/7, but your health is the most important thing and you need to relax more.

One thing that we did when we started our DMP, was to write to the creditors, saying something like ...."as you know we have recently started DMP ref....etc etc and as you can appreciate, the mounting interest means we are not really making any dent in our debt at all. As our financial position is not likely to improve in the future, we are asking if you would freeze all interest on this account.". You have nothing to lose and the worst that can happen is they say no.
  • ploppy57 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you still feel so poorly, but glad you have a sensible boss who sent you home. Personally, my opinion for what its worth, is that Thursday is still too soon. Why not take the rest of the week and see how you feel on Monday? I think you are dealing with anxiety as well as the virus at the moment caused by your debt problems. Even when you are meant to be recuperating, you are still thinking about your DMP/debts etc. I know how hard it is at the start, I used to think about ours 24/7, but your health is the most important thing and you need to relax more.

One thing that we did when we started our DMP, was to write to the creditors, saying something like ...."as you know we have recently started DMP ref....etc etc and as you can appreciate, the mounting interest means we are not really making any dent in our debt at all. As our financial position is not likely to improve in the future, we are asking if you would freeze all interest on this account.". You have nothing to lose and the worst that can happen is they say no.
    Hi Ploppy,thanks for your advice, I went back today because I was worried about getting in trouble, I’ve now been told that if my absence record doesn’t I improve I could be issued with a written warning,my boss was very understanding but she is only my in charge of my ward not the NHS Trust that I work for and that is their policy, I know she will stick up for me if push comes to shove but thereis only so I have she can do,it’s just really bad timing at the moment and I do agree I think I am suffering with anxiety about the debt too at the moment, I do tend to think about it more when I’m at home though as it’s so busy at work I tend to forget all about it until I get home again,I’m going to see how I am tomorrow and go from there,I felt much better this afternoon and I think if I can get a good nights sleep it will help,if I don’t go back on Thursday my next shift is on Saturday so I will have to see
    That’s a good idea about sending the letters,I will wait for the DMP to get going and then write to them all :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Ploppy,thanks for your advice, I went back today because I was worried about getting in trouble, I’ve now been told that if my absence record doesn’t I improve I could be issued with a written warning,my boss was very understanding but she is only my in charge of my ward not the NHS Trust that I work for and that is their policy, I know she will stick up for me if push comes to shove but thereis only so I have she can do,it’s just really bad timing at the moment and I do agree I think I am suffering with anxiety about the debt too at the moment, I do tend to think about it more when I’m at home though as it’s so busy at work I tend to forget all about it until I get home again,I’m going to see how I am tomorrow and go from there,I felt much better this afternoon and I think if I can get a good nights sleep it will help,if I don’t go back on Thursday my next shift is on Saturday so I will have to see
    That’s a good idea about sending the letters,I will wait for the DMP to get going and then write to them all :)

Take care.
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 February 2018 at 11:12PM
    Well I had an email from SC today and they have asked me for more info,I sent them the card details but I think I didnt link the debt amounts to two of the cards so they have asked me to send this,I emailed them the details
    Then I had a email from o2 saying I owe them £20.20;this is the amount of my last bill but it came out on a DD last week or the week before,I cancelled myo2 account a couple of weeks ago because I changed supplier and the lady I spoke to said there wouldnt be any more to pay as my bill had just been paid,it just seems a bit weird so I wondering if its genuine,I then tried to log into my bank account to check the DD and when it last came out but couldnt log in ,it said I had put in the wrong details but I hadnt,Im now locked out of my account,very weird and Im wondering if its a genuine email,Im going to phone them tomorrow
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback