Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• caveman8006
    Options
    Sorry, you are right about the extra £12 for "multi-room" on top of the £35, so £47 list price and, at most, £65 for installation of a 2TB Q box (free if a longstanding existing customer). So still a pretty ropey deal if you ask me
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry, you are right about the extra £12 for "multi-room" on top of the £35, so £47 list price and, at most, £65 for installation of a 2TB Q box (free if a longstanding existing customer). So still a pretty ropey deal if you ask me

Installation of a Sky Q box (either of them) may be free for existing customers but they'll try and charge you £199 up front for the 'rental'.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Installation of a Sky Q box (either of them) may be free for existing customers but they'll try and charge you £199 up front for the 'rental'.
    Yes, I did allude to that earlier.

How Sky can justify charging £199 for a rental decoder is beyond me. A Sky+HD 2TB decoder was yours to own for around that cost.

A Sky Q has to be returned on cancellation which will effectively put an end to old Sky boxes being used for viewing of free channels..

At the moment, I think Sky Q is pretty poor deal overall. The mini-boxes suffer from drop outs and the main box is still glitchy. I won't be jumping from Sky+HD anytime soon..
  • JEN22
    JEN22 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone got a free upgrade from sky HD Box to iQ BOX OFF SKY
  • caveman8006
    Options
    As I alluded to earlier, I received a letter today from SKY offering to upgrade me to SkyQ for "just £12 extra a month" (so presumably allowing me to keep my recently negotiated 50% TV discount for 18 months) with free 2TB box and just a £65 set-up fee (waived if Gold VIP) and £50 for first Sky mini box (£99 thereafter). Details on Sky.com/SkyQUpgrade. However, as I do not need 4k I am quite happy to stick with my 2TB Sky+HD box for now.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    After leaving my 30% off offer (dropped from initial 50%) disappeared, but recently returned in large letters.....Not interested, as I'm not missing any Sky programmes.
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    this sky q mini box - does it work like my present old sky box in bedroom, I can record and store things....plus does it only work on smart tv's....don't have that yet in b'room.
    have sky+ at moment in living room
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Vegastare wrote: »
    this sky q mini box - does it work like my present old sky box in bedroom, I can record and store things....plus does it only work on smart tv's....don't have that yet in b'room.
    have sky+ at moment in living room

You can record and access recordings from them however it's actually stored on the main box. You only need an HDMI input on the TV.
  • Threepints
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    3D is ok for a novelty, but soon wears off and the tv is nothing like the big screen experience, even from Alton Towers many years ago, where it's so realistic that you duck when a swinging helicopter swings towards you.

The effect on tv is reduced by the fact that you can see the room round the edges of the screen, though ours is quite good with cartoons, where butterflies, fairies and the like spill into the room.

My comment regarding 3D television was somewhat tongue in cheek. Whilst my Samsung television is 3D that is not why I bought it and I think I've watched one 3D film...
  • Threepints
    Options
    As I alluded to earlier, I received a letter today from SKY offering to upgrade me to SkyQ for "just £12 extra a month" (so presumably allowing me to keep my recently negotiated 50% TV discount for 18 months) with free 2TB box and just a £65 set-up fee (waived if Gold VIP) and £50 for first Sky mini box (£99 thereafter). Details on Sky.com/SkyQUpgrade. However, as I do not need 4k I am quite happy to stick with my 2TB Sky+HD box for now.

I received the same letter. Whilst I have 4K they've only offered me 30%off at present. Although I can't access my offer through the box at the moment. I get a message asking me to call...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback