IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I got a reply from bw legal!

Comments

• Hiltop1
    Hiltop1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    I replied to the last letter and sent details to the SRA as an update.

Today I came home from work to another letter and my heart sank - but it was a duplicate of the LETTER OF CLAIM (their capitalisation), last one dated 12/9, sent from the Huddersfield section for standard letters....or at least it has a reply address on the envelope of a Huddersfield PO Box.

It has the same "....in the event County Court proceedings are issued..." and "To avoid proceedings being commenced...." despite a letter predating both of these (real reply not standard letter) saying that if I didn't pay in their specified time frame, "...we are instructed to initiate County Court proceedings against you...". Is everyone keeping up with jumble of dates, threats and demands?? I've got them all in front of me and it is difficult to follow!

So i guess i reply again. I haven't yet felt the need to ask for images of signage from 2012 or any evidence of contract, landowner etc. Please let me know when you think the time is right for this to be requested. For now is it yet another firm rebuttal?

Thanks.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hiltop1 wrote: »
    I replied to the last letter and sent details to the SRA as an update.

Today I came home from work to another letter and my heart sank - but it was a duplicate of the LETTER OF CLAIM (their capitalisation), last one dated 12/9, sent from the Huddersfield section for standard letters....or at least it has a reply address on the envelope of a Huddersfield PO Box.

It has the same "....in the event County Court proceedings are issued..." and "To avoid proceedings being commenced...." despite a letter predating both of these (real reply not standard letter) saying that if I didn't pay in their specified time frame, "...we are instructed to initiate County Court proceedings against you...". Is everyone keeping up with jumble of dates, threats and demands?? I've got them all in front of me and it is difficult to follow!

So i guess i reply again. I haven't yet felt the need to ask for images of signage from 2012 or any evidence of contract, landowner etc. Please let me know when you think the time is right for this to be requested. For now is it yet another firm rebuttal?

Thanks.

It is so sad that the SRA think that BWLegal are good for their name .. the SRA

SECOND COMPLAINT TO THE SRA about this pure ignorance
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:05PM
    Hiltop1 wrote: »

Thanks.
    Asking for copies of the contract (the signs) is perfectly reasonable and indeed should accompany a LBC.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hiltop1
    Thanks, I will draft a request.....but I don't think the BW LETTER OF CLAIM is actually a LBC - is it?? I know people have different opinions on this, but a forum member posting a new thread recently had a LETTER OF CLAIM from BW which additionally offered the 40% discount again - would they do that on a LBC? This was also a pre POFA alleged incident.

They only offered the discount to me once - maybe I'm not on their list of favourites!
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:06PM
    Just reply, remembering that a Judge might read all this in the end. State your case, be reasonable and assertive that there is no cause of action, you have no liability and quite reasonably, you want to see evidence.
  • I have read your thread with interest particularly as you seem to have had a ticket form the same place as I...Berkley Precinct in Sheffield. A free 2 hour car park in a popular shopping/eating area where the time was exceeded by approx 10-15 minutes.
    The PCN we had was in 07/2011 and was followed by many letters that were all ignored except a single letter to advise VCS that the registered keeper was not the driver. It then went quiet for many years. A letter was then received in August 2016 demanding payment (with discount) which I shredded and now a Letter of Claim has arrived.
    I'm just not quite sure of the order in which I need to do things as I have gathered that I shouldn't just ignore this letter or should I?
    Your help Hilltop would be most gratefully received....
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:07PM
    You need to start your own new thead.

DO NOT respond as driver and do not tell us nor imply who was driving, in your new thread. You are the keeper defendant and YOU WILL WIN THIS.

No reply here please, as it's hiltop1's own thread.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    As we say to everyone (so this is not a personal jibe at you) ... please start your own new thread (if needed, after having read the NEWBIES FAQ) - you can always link to this thread as a reference.

We work on the basis of one topic, one thread ... otherwise things end of getting confusing for everyone. :)
  • Hiltop1
    I know this has been discussed before but I don't remember a definitive answer - and maybe there isn't one yet.

When does the 6 yr period end and the issue become statute barred?

Is it 6 yrs from date of alleged incident or 6 yrs from when they first write to you with their alleged claim?

Thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Date of alleged breach of contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts