Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trebor6864
    • By trebor6864 9th Aug 18, 11:39 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    trebor6864
    pay tax bill by new credit card
    • 9th Aug 18, 11:39 AM
    pay tax bill by new credit card 9th Aug 18 at 11:39 AM
    Hi, i have a small tax bill of a few 100s, if i find a new credit card with zero % on new purchases, can i use the card for this.
    cheers bob
Page 1
    • sparkey1
    • By sparkey1 9th Aug 18, 11:41 AM
    • 439 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    sparkey1
    • 9th Aug 18, 11:41 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 11:41 AM
    As long as it allows a money transfer to a current account. You then use the money you put into your bank account to pay the tax bill.

HMRC dont accept credit card payments for personal tax bills. They do charge interest, so if you owe them, pay something rather than nothing to keep the interest down.
    • starM
    • By starM 10th Aug 18, 10:34 PM
    • 1,399 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    starM
    • 10th Aug 18, 10:34 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 10:34 PM
    Link the card to Curve card if you have one and use curve card to make the payment to HMRC.

I have heard others have done that without any problems.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,567Posts Today

8,495Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Today's Twitter poll: On Brexit, which is more important to you right now certainty or outcome. Ie would you prefe? https://t.co/En38QfRh3o

• Follow Martin