Options

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 July 2018 at 1:36PM
    Options
    thisone wrote: »
    You've said you are short of cash, I'm just trying to stop you spending money that you might be asked to replace.

Smodlets phone number sounds a really good idea.

@thisone: Circle pays the referral fees for those who use one's link, just as PA do. There are referral boards on this very site for the posting thereof. I had £10 from one person who waited until they had banked £100; still can't quite believe that. It cost the individual referee not one penny; Prolific paid it.

There are also referral boards on the Energy forum: Those who choose to sign up to Bulb or Octopus energy, for example, can earn themselves and their referrers money. The other week I had a £10 Amazon voucher from Ofgem merely for registering and giving a few minutes' feedback. Easiest £10 I ever earned apart from the aforementioned PA one.

The individuals do not pay this money; the site does so I say, if it is an error, it is Circle's error; no-one else's. I am sure they can afford it.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    @thisone: Circle pays the referral fees for those who use one's link, just as PA do. There are referral boards on this very site for the posting thereof. I had £10 from one person who waited until they had banked £100; still can't quite believe that. It cost the individual referee not one penny; Prolific paid it.

There are also referral boards on the Energy forum: Those who choose to sign up to Bulb or Octopus energy, for example, can earn themselves and their referrers money. The other week I had a £10 Amazon voucher from Ofgem merely for registering and giving a few minutes' feedback. Easiest £10 I ever earned apart from the aforementioned PA one.

The individuals do not pay this money; the site does so I say, if it is an error, it is Circle's error; no-one else's. I am sure they can afford it.
    Yes thank you for the thorough explanation. The expectation of gain is to be part of the ladder and of course it exists. Organisations such as Circle. also expect to gain from the system and when mistakes are made they don't expect to lose out and will seek to claim back any monies paid in error. I hope that AprilLady gets the money, but surely she needs a proper answer from someone at Circle that has understood what she is asking and can reassure her that they have not acted in error?
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes thank you for the thorough explanation. The expectation of gain is to be part of the ladder and of course it exists. Organisations such as Circle. also expect to gain from the system and when mistakes are made they don't expect to lose out and will seek to claim back any monies paid in error. I hope that AprilLady gets the money, but surely she needs a proper answer from someone at Circle that has understood what she is asking and can reassure her that they have not acted in error?

April Lady has reported it. If Circle chose not to listen, that is their problem; here's hoping they record their phone calls (and if not, why not?)
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just had a survey but the dog like running of the site means despite having a completion code, its gone down as a no code - good job I copied it eh...
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • thisone
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    April Lady has reported it. If Circle chose not to listen, that is their problem; here's hoping they record their phone calls (and if not, why not?)
    I give up. I expect better of you Smodlet.
  • mikep22
    Options
    Can I be 100% certain? No. 95%, I believe so. £5 is worth at least as much in Italy as it is here and people don't just give it up for no reason. The language barrier makes it even more likely they have not understood what they have done. Maybe an Italian MikeP thought it would be an amusing joke to pass the link along. Maybe a scammer has used it in order to legitimise their own claim. A lot of maybe's and very few of them say 'Hey, we'd like you to have our money and we'll get nothing in return'

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Where did that come from :rotfl:
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • thisone
    Options
    Something about the Jeremy Corbyn post in the Swagbucks forum!
  • mikep22
    Options
    Something about the Jeremy Corbyn post in the Swagbucks forum!
    I cant remember that at all.

An Italian version of myself would clearly be one lucky boi.:money:
  • thisone
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I cant remember that at all.

An Italian version of myself would clearly be one lucky boi.:money:

Yep, he'd definitely enjoy life!
  • mikep22
    Options
    And in Prolific news....it isnt bloody working :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure