MSE News: Banks put PPI claims on hold in defiance of regulator

Comments

• Another kick in the nuts for all of us who are trying and hoping for a result. It now puts my three years of waiting as a complete and utter waste of my time and energy. I am so upset. I am not feeling emotional just bloudy well ENRAGED that these b******s can push and pull all of us round without any impunity whatsoever. I shall be sending another email (this will be the third one) to Eric Daniels - head of Lloyds - as at least I dont have to lick a stamp or envelope (too much energy) and I shall report back to tell you what one of his minions (it wont be him as he no doubt will be in Maldives sipping champagne and boasting of a result for the bank) says in his place.

I am sorry to sound so scathing its just that I am SOOO ANGRY - but I have no where to vent my anger - so you guys are getting it instead!

Mrs s x
  • My sentiments exactly mrs s. It seems they can get away with any bl**dy thing just lately. Really considering having a look into other options as to where else to put my money - like a credit union.
    My LBM - December 2010!

Q.Q: £726; Payday Exp: £650; WDA: £375; L.S: £779; PDP: £649; 24/7 Money: £130
    Provident: £1,700
    Black Horse: £3,471
    TOTAL: £8,480 :eek:
  • or under the freakin mattress for that matter
    My LBM - December 2010!

Q.Q: £726; Payday Exp: £650; WDA: £375; L.S: £779; PDP: £649; 24/7 Money: £130
    Provident: £1,700
    Black Horse: £3,471
    TOTAL: £8,480 :eek:
  • I spoke to the bank yesterday morning who said i should receive in excess of £6000 within 7 days. I have not yet got this in writing so im guessing i now wont get it.

I will phone them again later then go from there, will let you know what response i get.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    I think ongoing payments are still going to be issued.

Ring them to double check on this because these were resolved before all this come about and frozen.

Good luck.

PS, read Marshallka's post above X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    I think ongoing payments are still going to be issued.

Ring them to double check on this because these were resolved before all this come about and frozen.

Good luck.

PS, read Marshallka's post above X
    The bank said: “We will stand by any settlements that have already been made. However, while the court is considering the issues raised by the BBA, any PPI sales-related complaints will be on hold until further notice.”
  • Another kick in the nuts for all of us who are trying and hoping for a result. It now puts my three years of waiting as a complete and utter waste of my time and energy. I am so upset. I am not feeling emotional just bloudy well ENRAGED that these b******s can push and pull all of us round without any impunity whatsoever. I shall be sending another email (this will be the third one) to Eric Daniels - head of Lloyds - as at least I dont have to lick a stamp or envelope (too much energy) and I shall report back to tell you what one of his minions (it wont be him as he no doubt will be in Maldives sipping champagne and boasting of a result for the bank) says in his place.

I am sorry to sound so scathing its just that I am SOOO ANGRY - but I have no where to vent my anger - so you guys are getting it instead!

Mrs s x
    Mrs S

Please let me know his email address because I'll like to vent my anger at "him" also. I notice that the Lloyds website doesn't appear to show email addresses - just phone numbers?
  • God your lucky (if thats the word) to even get a phone call!! My claim has been and consistently been not only genuine but hard fought for - for three years FGS. And I still dont have a result. Not likely now I think. It would be nice for someone to communicate with me personally instead of reading it in the media. I am a real human being with money problems DUE to their incompetance and now they have thrown it all back in my face and laughed whilst they did it (well, I just assumed there would be alot of hand-shaking and backslapping in the boardroom after that announcement).

It just takes my breath away that we ordinary people just lie down and have our tummies tickled whilst these people rob us blind and still there is NOTHING WE CAN DO.

I am truly truly disgusted with this lot and the new bank I am with is now charging £27.50 for going pennies over overdraft DUE to my employers cocking up my wages this month. So without exception they are ALL as bad as eachother.

Mrs s x
  • Has anyone spoken to LTSB today??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family