IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM, Trace & Gladstones

Hi guys,

So I got two parking tickets in the space of a week for parking in a visitor bay down a residential road. There are a number of spaces clearly marked with large 'V' for Visitor, the rest are numbered which are assigned to the flats down that road.

Both myself, my brother and friends of mine have previously had parking tickets and follow up notices from PCM (Parking Control Management UK Ltd) for parking in these spaces, which have not been followed up and is why I have ignored both of these notices until now. Worth noting that I still have no inclination to give in and pay.

After a couple of letters from Trace Debt Recovery UK Ltd suggesting "final demand for outstanding payment", I yesterday received a very generic looking letter from Gladstones Solicitors insisting that I make payment within 14 days or their client may instruct them to take legal action in a County Court. Now whilst I am adamant I do not want to give in and pay, I am conscious that this is getting a little more serious. That being said, having read your 'newbies' thread, I feel a little less threatened!

Worth mentioning at this stage that my car is a private lease hire, and my lease company are aware of the tickets, but I am receiving correspondence directly from these companies now.

Timeline of events is as follows:
10th May 2017 - 1st Parking Ticket Issued
17th May 2017 - 2nd Parking Ticket Issued
15th June 2017 - Parking Charge Notice Received Via Lease Company (IRO 1st Ticket)
23rd June 2017 - Parking Charge Notice Received Via Lease Company (IRO 2nd Ticket)
23rd June 2017 - Parking Charge Notice Received Direct from PCM (IRO 1st Ticket)
30th June 2017 - Parking Charge Notice Received Direct from PCM (IRO 2nd Ticket)
18th July 2017 - Demand for Outstanding Payment Received from Trace (IRO 1st Ticket)
4th August 2017 - Demand for Outstanding Payment Received from Trace (IRO 2nd Ticket)
7th August 2017 - Second Final Demand Letter Received from Trace (IRO 1st Ticket)
25th August 2017 - Second Final Demand Letter Received from Trace (IRO 2nd Ticket)
11th September 2017 - Letter Received from Gladstones Solicitors (IRO 1st Ticket)

(....I imagine that I may receive the same letter from Gladstones IRO the 2nd Ticket in the next week or so if the above pattern is to be followed.)

Basically, just after some advice on what my next move is. Should I appeal, or now that it is with Gladstones, should I just ignore and it will go away?

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Basically, just after some advice on what my next move is. Should I appeal, or now that it is with Gladstones, should I just ignore and it will go away?
    1. Too late to appeal.
    2. From your description it looks like a debt recovery letter - and can be ignored.
    3. It is very unlikely to go away. The likelihood is it will be followed up by a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones, which will need a robust response (and it still won't go away!) followed shortly thereafter by court papers which MUST NOT BE IGNORED! Come back if you get either.

Over the past 18 months PCM UK have become quite litigious.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parking_Control_Management_UK.html
    Both myself, my brother and friends of mine have previously had parking tickets and follow up notices from PCM (Parking Control Management UK Ltd) for parking in these spaces, which have not been followed up and is why I have ignored both of these notices until now.
    Have you ever wondered why organisations employ these parasite companies?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 September 2017 at 10:49AM
    Nothing to fear about Gladstones, they are already known
    to be highly incompetent. The courts are fed up with Gladstones

Read this to see just how incompetent Gladstones are
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=GLADSTONES

Lot's of info to show how weak they are
  • ljmw
    ljmw Posts: 11 Forumite
    So do you suggest I sit tight and just let you know if and when I receive a 'Letter Before Claim' or Court Papers? And in the event of either happening, our move would be to write a robust response?

Appreciate your help
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ljmw wrote: »
    So do you suggest I sit tight and just let you know if and when I receive a 'Letter Before Claim' or Court Papers? And in the event of either happening, our move would be to write a robust response?

Appreciate your help

Yes, and you will get help from the experts on here
  • ljmw
    Brilliant. Thanks very much.

I will keep you updated.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ljmw wrote: »

Appreciate your help

Was my advice not clear enough? Or perhaps you doubted it?
    3. It is very unlikely to go away. The likelihood is it will be followed up by a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones, which will need a robust response (and it still won't go away!) followed shortly thereafter by court papers which MUST NOT BE IGNORED! Come back if you get either.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ljmw
    Was my advice not clear enough? Or perhaps you doubted it?

No, I don't doubt it and it was clear. I just wanted to be absolutely certain that I understood it correctly.
  • If you get a court claim you are not "writing a robust response"

At that point you do 2 things:
    1) Acknowledge the claim ONLINE , NOT starting the defence (myst be left completely blank) and only contesting jurisdiction if you live outside England and Wales
    2) Writing a defence.
  • Gladstones -
    I have also received a similar letter from gladstones, saying I have 14 days to pay £160 from a parking ticket I have continually ignored. My ticket was also issued from parking control management limited. I am unsure wether to just ignore the letter or write a reply?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Gladstones -
    I have also received a similar letter from gladstones, saying I have 14 days to pay £160 from a parking ticket I have continually ignored. My ticket was also issued from parking control management limited. I am unsure wether to just ignore the letter or write a reply?

Please read the NEWBIES FAQS thread (my signature tells you where to click to get there).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure