IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

gladstones letter

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 May 2018 at 3:44PM
    Options
    Yes that's fine, if you want to respond.

We'd be amazed if NCP try claims, and we'd be even more amazed if people here actually lose to them, if they tried court again!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • davev40
    davev40 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou Coupon mad. would you respond with an email or just leave it? As they will totally ignore it anyway
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    As all other attempts have failed our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you in the county court.
    That's not a LBC so no, I would not respond.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • davev40
    Options
    ok so here is the update. Nothing more heard from gladstones as I chose to ignore but now got a letter similar to the first trace debt recovery letter but this time from bw legal.
    The letter says they have been instructed by ncp to recover the debt and I have 16 days to pay from date of letter.
    if I fail to pay they will seek ncp for further instructions to commence legal proceedings against me in the county court upon being served with a letter of claim pursuant to the pre action protocol for debt claims.

Do I treat this as an LBC or ignore as before? tia
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    As the client is NCP, court action is highly unlikely.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    davev40 wrote: »
    If I fail to pay they will seek ncp for further instructions to commence legal proceedings against me in the county court upon being served with a letter of claim pursuant to the pre action protocol for debt claims.

Do I treat this as an LBC or ignore as before? tia
    They clearly have not yet been instructed by NCP to start legal proceedings, so no this is not a Letter Before Claim.

As before, ignore.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If I recall correctly, NCP have been working with Gladstones to handle the very few court claims that have been issued in the past couple of months. Where BWL now come into this, GOK. See how it moves forward. But it's not a LBC at present!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • davev40
    Options
    thanks guys I will ignore for now and see what happens next
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts