Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    ive noticed 1000 points on nectar for exploring uk on VIRGIN TRAINS :)
    mhoc wrote: »
    thanks for this, its new, wasn't there yesterday.

It says

3.Make a booking on either West Coast or East Coast services for travel up to and including 17 July 2018

As it takes a month for the points to be added does the Elite think its worth risking sending our feral virtual children on their usual adventure via East Coast but ASAP?
    Or would V west coast be a safer option.
    I am worried about VEC falling off the nectar list altogether ..

I've also got other offers for 500 points - too much to hope that I would get both.

I would think its risky. If you needed to wait 28 days to chase, would they be able to verify?
    A question please for the work based accountants

Errant sons P60 has come through so I printed it off for him for his file.
    He hasn't had a P45 as far as I know - this is the one in three parts, one for keeping and one for giving to the new employer - have I got this correct? Its only been a few weeks so I expect it all takes time ..

Whilst I was putting a copy in the file I came across the P45 for the previous employer. Will there also be a P60 from them - same tax year? Possibly this will come in the post.

We are living in dread of having a short tax form to complete at some point during the year. OH had one when he swapped jobs one August ...

You should get a P60 from everyone you have worked for in the year. P45 should be issued quickly nowadays.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • vouchercrazy
    vouchercrazy Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Uniform Washer
    A question please for the work based accountants

Errant sons P60 has come through so I printed it off for him for his file.
    He hasn't had a P45 as far as I know - this is the one in three parts, one for keeping and one for giving to the new employer - have I got this correct? Its only been a few weeks so I expect it all takes time ..

Whilst I was putting a copy in the file I came across the P45 for the previous employer. Will there also be a P60 from them - same tax year? Possibly this will come in the post.

We are living in dread of having a short tax form to complete at some point during the year. OH had one when he swapped jobs one August ...

You get only one P60 and it is from the employer you are working for on the 5th April, P45 are used for when you leave an employer during a tax year the information on a P45 gets transferred to your current employer file where they have to put it under income from previous employment this is shown on your P60 as in previous employment and the wage you have earned with current employer is shown as in this employment
    P45 come in 3 parts Part 1A you keep Part 2 and 3 you give to your new employer one they keep and one they complete and send to HMRC but that is obsolete now as everything is done on line the P45 is issued on the last pay date so if your monthly it will be at the end of the month
    You need to check your P60 to make sure his previous employments have been added if not then you will have to contact HMRC or better still
    You can set him up on HMRC with his own user ID and this will tell you his employment history for the year you only need his NI number and personal details to set him up
    hth
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Sarah :A

Gosh that has come around quickly :eek:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5824671

Good luck and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the splendid fundraising you do :heart2: We"ll all be thinking of you :A :j
    :o

Your welcome, anything to help try to raise awareness and funds for research.

Thankyou again, to everyone, who has donated, very much appreciated.
  • pandoraskids
    pandoraskids Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Evening peeps.

Has anyone done izzeys quorn shop today please?
    I may be passing tonight but not sure if little stores stock them.
    Tia.

Sort of :o

My store had very limited stocks so I had to get these 3 plus 1 other (paella) which didn't compare :(

2x Quorn Meat Free Peppered Steaks (196g) £5.00 £3.33
    1x Quorn Meat Free Tikka Masala & Rice (400g) £2.50 £1.67
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • vouchercrazy
    vouchercrazy Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Uniform Washer
    silvercar wrote: »

You should get a P60 from everyone you have worked for in the year. P45 should be issued quickly nowadays.

Years ago you used to get a P60 from every employer you work for within a tax year, I used to do hundreds it was a real pain handwriting them all, plus you could only issue one P60 per person per year, it use to cause so much trouble, its all changed now you can re-issue a P60 when ever you need to
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Did anyone get a Gillette razor I posted about the other week. It came with a £4 off coupon:D

780_F291_F-84_F4-4478-_BAEA-_A9_CE77_DAE3_ED.jpgpicture host

B61_B1_C05-_DCF7-4_F37-_AE2_E-_DEFAFF8_A12_ED.png
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    I'm furious:mad::mad:

Don't think I've been this angry ever:mad::mad::mad:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Did anyone get a Gillette razor I posted about the other week. It came with a £4 off coupon:D

780_F291_F-84_F4-4478-_BAEA-_A9_CE77_DAE3_ED.jpgpicture host

B61_B1_C05-_DCF7-4_F37-_AE2_E-_DEFAFF8_A12_ED.png
    No :(
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I'm furious:mad::mad:

Don't think I've been this angry ever:mad::mad::mad:
    Whats up?:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Sort of :o

My store had very limited stocks so I had to get these 3 plus 1 other (paella) which didn't compare :(

2x Quorn Meat Free Peppered Steaks (196g) £5.00 £3.33
    1x Quorn Meat Free Tikka Masala & Rice (400g) £2.50 £1.67

I was there today at around midday we may have done a TM and Elaine :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills