Do not buy from gogroopie

Comments

• The_Miser
    The_Miser Posts: 99
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 29 August 2019 at 4:52PM
    This company and its directors (personally) are worth investigating via Google
    Just be aware that their company address is Regus offices which one can hire by the day or longer. Mr Jonathan Mackey, director, gave an address as Suite 345 50 Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8EA which SEEMS to be a similar type of building with a myriad of companies using the suite address. It is indicated that there might be a private telephone number for him in London WC1V
    Co-director Jamie Michael Wright uses the same Eastcastle Street address . He has a listed telephone number and, from the 192 map appears to live at Marsh Wall, Poplar. When checking him do note that he resigned from at least one of the companies listed some years ago which is a positive.

Go Groupie 2018 accounts appear to show that the company is solvent with substantial cash reserves - that figure is of course out of date and the money might not be "free".
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sam17gard wrote: »
    I am also having problems with Go Groopie. I purchased a gazebo which did arrive promptly but the side panels were not as advertised. I had difficulty getting a response to my email. However they have replied today informing me that they have requested the supplier to get in touch with me. I will not hold my breath waiting for a reply. I was also disappointed with the material with which the gazebo was made from. Guilty of false advertising. I will however keep it because of the price but I don't think I would buy from them again. By the way does anyone have a telephone number for them.

Probably pointless in replying but why would you probably not buy from them again, surely anyone in your position wouldn't use them again.
  • The_Miser
    The_Miser Posts: 99
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Further warning. Possibly as a result of yesterday's message I today received an email containing the claim that I had subscribed to their newsletter (which is untrue - why would someone with a French address want them?) . This was accompanied by too many trackers and also a Facebook tracker and another social media tracker - fortunately I have the software to block them all.
  • I WANT MY MONEY!!
    No idea how to use this site (maybe I'm a bit thick) I tried to order a duvet set, I got three quarters through before it said I had to pay £4.99 delivery so I decided not to complete the order (I'd already entered my card details) I didn't realise it had already took the money for the duvet set, it said I had to re-enter my details to pay delivery at the end (hence me deciding not to go ahead) and then I got a voucher in my emails I had to redeem? Totally confused now!!! So in short, no order number (i.e. no order) so no item obviously because I hadn't paid delivery, BUT they've taken the money for the item. Can't get ANY type of reply to my multiple emails asking for a refund (I even said at this stage, if they tell me how the voucher works I'll go ahead with the order) nothing!!!! No way to complete the original order because I cancelled the process, no idea how to get my money back and no reply to my emails. NOT HAPPY!!!
  • Basically I bought a retro games console from them that came incomplete and they refused to refund me. I have never been able to use it so it’s a lovely ornamental reminder never to go near them.
    Even the financial ombudsman have said there is nothing that can be done.
  • Totally agree. What is also annoying is that it is impossible to contact these crooks that have an answerphone and a no reply email, very frustrating. I am still waiting for a Christmas gift that was ordered. I would never use this company again.
  • Totally agree I bought two of a particular item and had to pay two separate delivery costs. Only one item arrived and I am still in dispute with them. Thank goodness I paid via paypal who are looking into this. I am also making a claim in the small claims court. They are impossible to contact. USE AT YOUR PERIL AND HAVE TIME AND MONEY TO WASTE ON THIS AWFUL COMPANY
  • shah06
    shah06 Posts: 8
    First Post
    Forumite

I totally agree.

I ordered an item on 11th March 2020 but within 5 minutes after redeeming the item, I realised the mistake and it was due to the confused wordings. Therefore, I cancelled the item through their website cancellation form. In reply to that I received an email from their customer service agent confirming my intention and told me that she will update me soon. That was the last time I heard from them. I have sent numerous reminders through their website form but they are not responding at all.  I am now really annoyed with their attitude.

I don’t know what else I can do except writing to them. Fourteen days cancellation policy is not a practical one and for that reason I strongly believe they are deceiving their customers.

Yesterday, I checked the Trust Pilot website and there a lot of people venting their frustration & anger for various reason including the refund.

Need a suggestion please?  Can I take them to small claim court? 

• carh21
    carh21 Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Shah06 I had a similar experience with another site like this  I emailed and tried to ring with no success. However, I then contacted the actual supplier as they should be listed on the voucher or acknowledgement email. They did respond and instructed the discount site to refund me. And amazingly I got a refund,. but this seems to be the only way. By law, Go Groopie should be responsible as the direct source of sale but they disclaim this without the go-ahead from the wholesaler. You just have to hope the supplier is a reasonable company, there are many who are not, but give it a go
  • shah06
    shah06 Posts: 8
    First Post
    Forumite
    carh21 said:
    Shah06 I had a similar experience with another site like this  I emailed and tried to ring with no success. However, I then contacted the actual supplier as they should be listed on the voucher or acknowledgement email. They did respond and instructed the discount site to refund me. And amazingly I got a refund,. but this seems to be the only way. By law, Go Groopie should be responsible as the direct source of sale but they disclaim this without the go-ahead from the wholesaler. You just have to hope the supplier is a reasonable company, there are many who are not, but give it a go
    Thank you very much carh21. Yes, will contact the supplier and request for a refund.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback