Game.co.uk Rewards - breach of contract?

Options
Hi everyone

I recently challenged Game because they hadn't awarded me the correct amount of reward points for a purchase that I made from them recently.

I challenged them on point 10 of their Terms and Conditions which stated that:

"10. Account Holders will receive points on qualifying purchases calculated at the rate of one point for every £0.125 spent (rounded up to the nearest whole number..)"

Since my complaint they have now changed this figure in their terms and conditions to one point for every £0.25 spent.

Now they do give a different breakdown of how points are awarded on a community help page however they state that the contract is based on their terms and conditions (which they suddenly changed).

Is there any recourse here do you think? This isnt about the money of course but the principle that they have mis-sold something in my opinion.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    when did you purchase?
    the change from £0.125 to £0.25 happened on 25th January 2018
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/01/26/game-uk-reward-points-drop/
  • GreenMan
    GreenMan Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2019 at 11:29PM
    Options
    Hi Caz

And thanks for your reply.

It definitely stated in their T & C's page in the last few days that it was one point for every £0.125 spent. I made the purchase about a week ago.

I copied it and pasted in an email exchange with their customer support and have a cached copy of it in my browser history.

I suppose they must have published the information incorrectly for a short space of time for some reason then.

GM
  • Diamandis
    Diamandis Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You could ask to return the item.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Using the wayback site there were snapshots of games T&Cs page on 2nd December, 21st November, and 14th November (and many other snapshots throughout the year) all showing the reward level as 1 point for every £0.25 so either it was a complete and utter fluke that they had the incorrect terms at the exact day and time you chose to look at it and it was changed back immediately or your browser showed you a cached version of the site on the day you viewed it and they haven't changed their terms at all and they even have published on the pages that the terms were last updated on the 9th August 2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure