Middle name on E-Ticket not included - China Southern Airlines (CSA)

We will be travelling to Guangzhou, China for a long stopover for four days to hopefully enjoy the sights before heading to our final destination, Philippines.

On the E-Ticket, my wife's middle name is missing which is on her passport. I think I vaguely remember being told by the representative at TravelUp when booking the tickets that the middle name is not important (it's not actually her middle name, the UK Passport Office ballsed it up...twice! So, we gave up). Do you think this will be an issue because from what I have been told, I will have to pay a very hefty price to amend it such as the admin fee along with all the taxes!

I contacted the agency TravelUp to double-check this who in turn apparently contacted CSA and said they're not really bothered about the middle name, only the first and last names must be amended/included.

I finally managed to contact CSA myself and asked the question too. I'm not sure if this was a direct representative of CSA because she asked which airline was it (even though I called the number on CSA's website) but she gave a vague answer. I asked if I should rebook it and she replied, "It's up to you"! Not a helpful answer and now I'm very worried.

Anyone had any experience of this? I know Ryanair & Easyjet are strict with this for their short-haul flights and they do stress it on their websites but not with TravelUp.

Thanks very much and hope you can help.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family