IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Elite Management Midlands Ltd - Rising Charges - Help!

I really hope someone can help as my parking fine has now gone up to £170 because ZZPS (the debt collectors) are adding admin charges, and I don't know where I stand or what to do.

Here is the timeline of events:-

1. March 6th 2018: The alleged offence took place.
2. April 9th: The first communication I received of this was received via post. No PCN was on my vehicle on March 6th.
3. April 10th: I responded to the first communication via email to customerservices@ipaymypcn.net and the DVLA.
4. April 18th: An email was sent to me to access the photographic evidence on which actually had the PCN on my car.
5. April 19th: I made an appeal via the website and email.
6. April 25th: I received an email from customerservices@zzps.co.uk stating a breach of the terms and conditions of the car park. The sign makes no mention of "obstructive parking", which the parking enforcement company is stating is the alleged offence.
7. May 11th: I received an email from ZZPS stating this account will continue to run its course before progressing to the client's solicitors, which obviously scared me with the mention of "solicitors".
8. May 11th: When I arrived home from work I received a letter from ZZPS stating the fine had now increased to £170, which includes an additional £70 admin charge.

I completely disagree with why I am being fined in the first place. My fine is for "obstructive parking" and there is no mention of this on the actual signage near to where I parked.

However, why I am posting in the forum is that I am willing to pay them £60 to draw a line under this, which is what I would have done had I actually been given the opportunity in the first place.

I have tried ringing Elite Management Midlands Ltd on the number on their website so I can pay over the phone but they their system does not recognise the PCN number.

I really don't know where I stand with this, can anyone help?

Many thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

Don't attempt to ring them again!
  • CookieBiz
    CookieBiz Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 12 May 2018 at 1:05PM
    Many thanks Quentin

Will you guide me or send a link please to exactly were the 'Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum' is please? i have searched but i am unable to locate this.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    newbies thread ....

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

if you are using a phone to browse then a PC / laptop will improve matters .....

you like many others think that PPC scammers (Hansard) are reasonable companies .... they are not ..

please watch / read

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

Ralph:cool:
  • CookieBiz
    edited 12 May 2018 at 1:05PM
    Many thanks Ralph for all, this is greatly appreciated. Great quote!
  • Quentin
    Are you and the OP related?

If you have inadvertently used your real names as your forum names then you need to get MSE to change them to something completely anonymous

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

Also edit your post to remove details of your name if that's correct
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,014 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can safely ignore debt collecting scammers they can't do anything, the £70 is a stupid amount of money they try to extort from the uninformed.

Never ever phone a PPC or a debt collector!
    You do not have a "fine" it's a scam invoice.

For goodness sake why are you "willing to pay"these scammers anything?
    The reason your PCN number cannot be found is because they have handed it over to their tame debt collectors to handle, you can't pay the PPC any reduced amount they all want as much as they can try to get out of you.

These are the greedy muppets you are dealing with do you really now think paying them is worth it:

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Elite_Management_Midlands.html
  • CookieBiz
    yes Quentin related. many thanks for the info, will rectify this, how do you go about altering forum name please?
  • Quentin
    Apart from the forum names, the OP needs to edit the OP to remove details of who was driving

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving (as well as your identity!)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The MSE Forum Guide explains:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
  • CookieBiz
    Thank you all.
    keith P , Will email for alternative forum name change and alter any info in the description identifying individuals, thankyou.
    Fisherjim....i am not willing to pay however being in this position is some what vulnerable and wanting closure, how long do you ignore for? is there chance of being taken to court and incurring further charges?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure