PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    minnie2 wrote: »
    Is there much more new content? Worth the buy?

I'm finding it so. Not a vast amount of new stuff, but more detail. It's very interesting to hear more about the storage side too.
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Will purchase tomorrow :-)
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • minnie2
    Just seen a good quote...... Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go

Hopefully i will be letting lots of things go today
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    minnie2 wrote: »
    Just seen a good quote...... Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go

Hopefully i will be letting lots of things go today

I put a picture up on the KM facebook group with that quote on of a beautiful tree with coloured leaves falling down - I love it :)

Just bits n pieces going here atm - lots of books as I read them, worn out clothes/ too small children's clothes etc. But less stuff is (generally) coming in, so the overall movement is down and out, which is good :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hall looks brilliant, light, bright and airy, it is always good to see results the morning after with new eyes. Last possible en suite tweak this morning and have decided to stick with soap for showering, much better and non-irritating results. I have rescued several nice soaps from the cs bag. All shower gels are gone, bar one, l`occitane almond, so I dismantled the shower caddy as I wanted to re-arrange the shelves. Base to ceiling, expanding simple human. I always gave it a wipe but decided it needed that deep down clean and blimey it has come up good, shiny and no rust marks at all. I thought it was expensive in 2006 but quality shows. Another item ready to move with me

I worked hard all day yesterday, didn`t nod off because I had victoria to look forward to and then slept well, apart from some turning due to hip aches. Did the en suite and now having a mug of tea, while pondering what to do next but really knowing that I should take it easy, don`t want to burn myself out, although I am enjoying the KM process
  • Managed to get hubs to go through some bits last night. Lots binned and lots to the cs.
    • Lots of paperwork for the recycling bin, along with 2 box files
    • Bow tie, braces and cummerbund (OH doesn't own a dinner suit any more and is unlikely to require one)
    • 3 x board games
    • Several music text books from his degree
    • A couple of other unwanted music books
    • 1 set of shelves that lived in his wardrobe
    • Belt that had seen better days (and indeed OH had cut the end off with a knife!)
    • Several pieces of kipple, old guitar strings, unidentifiable pieces of plastic, odd screws etc (general man-toot)
    • Bar towel rehomed to the kitchen rag bag
    Not a bad hour's work while tea was cooking!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Our office cleaners have just asked if I can please find a different solution to the 'confidential papers' problem, because they do not want to deal with two full shredders everyday anymore :D
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • minnie2
    If it needs shredding it needs shredding.is there that much mess? Do they not vacuum every day anyway? We pay someone to deal with all our shredding but im not sure how expensive it is.so we box it whole and they come and shred it and take it away.by we i mean my work company.
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They don't vacuum everyday; they vacuum once a week (or once a month) and as-needed, so they won't have their vacuum with them during their rounds, and will have to collect it especially from the other side of the building. It's also a bit of a hassle to empty the shredder container into a special binliner, because it is a very tight fit.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There is not enough going out of the freezer, I will have to try harder although I did use a lb of minced mutton to make the most wonderful real scotch broth, ate 2 portions so far and one frozen. Net KM on the freezer was zero

Me rest!! ha, I have been at it again. I ejected all my fibre dyeing equipment, not my scene, there now I admit to yet another set of purchases that were never used. I spotted a kilner jar and have dealt with 3 dozen 1 litre sizes but have kept all the 0.5 litre and have wrapped and packed in a large really useful box, ready to move. My ex-precious sauerkraut crock is standing in the tip re-use area and one very large ss pot has gone too

At last some real visible progress under the stairs, in my craft room and in my shed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure