Paying cheques into account

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Uxb wrote: »
    You mean like those of us using Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 running on Android 3.0 will be fine?
    It is after all only 3.5 years old!

So I rather think not everyone will be fine.

Galaxy Ace 2 is now 5 years old (launched Feb 2012).
    ====
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2017 at 1:04PM
    And even this can't be a genuine reason for being unable to perform such a basic action as, essentially, uploading a photo.

I don't mind singing and dancing accompanying mobile banking - but not at the cost of excessively inflated hardware and software requirements
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Barclays have the option of paying in cheques via their app.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • datlex wrote: »
    Barclays have the option of paying in cheques via their app.

There was a pilot but it was restricted to Barclays cheques and there was a limit on the amount of the cheque and the number of cheques per week, or has this now been rolled out to be available to all Barclays customers and any cheques?
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2017 at 2:50PM
    You mean like those of us using Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 running on Android 3.0 will be fine?
    It is after all only 3.5 years old!
    Just like we cannot use any banking apps at the moment, as its already too out of date.

As has been said, your model is now 5 years old.

I haven't used your phone but even then I imagine most banking apps would actually work on the hardware as long as you have updated the version of Android on it.

According to Wikipedia, the phone originally came with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread but Samsung issued an upgrade to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

Generally, all banking apps work with Android 4 and above.

The device also unofficially supports CyanogenMod versions up to 13 (Android 6.0.1) as well as others..
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    There was a pilot but it was restricted to Barclays cheques and there was a limit on the amount of the cheque and the number of cheques per week, or has this now been rolled out to be available to all Barclays customers and any cheques?

As you say, Barclays were trialing the technology with their own customers/cheques. Its still impossible for Barclays to offer it for cheques of other banks until 30 October 2017 at the earliest
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

Also, Android 3.0 was not a phone release iirc, it's the Honeycomb release for Tablets.

Phones went from Gingerbread 2.3.6 to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0/Jellybean 4.1.

As has been mentioned, the Galaxy Ace 2 is on 4.1.2 (since 2013)
    ====
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Owners of phones with Cyanogen Mod (such as our 2 WileyFox phones) will be glad to learn that version 13 - Android 6.0.1 - will be updated to Nougat by WFox, by June this year. Recently had an email from WFox regarding that.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,596 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    molerat wrote: »
    https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Current-Accounts/Where-should-I-send-cheques-to-be-paid-into-my-current-account/ta-p/670

Do you not have any bank branches near you ? Santander branch outside cash machines take cheque deposits.

Important to point out that it's freepost too so no cost of stamp for sending them off. Normally on the account in a day or so.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Good news about the mobile banking option later this year. The Post Office service never seems convenient as you need the magic combination of the special envelope plus a paying-in slip, which I think most people don't have, and Post Offices don't seem to have them either in my experience.

I didn't know you could pay in cheques at Co-op stores. Is that just for Co-op Bank?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure