Payment A Day Chapter 18

Comments

• Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    I got my anxiety sorted :j - thanks guys!!!

Hello everyone
    I've only just signed up on MSE but I've been lurking on the forums for a long time. The time has now come for me to bite the bullet and do everything I can to become debt free.
    Today I overpaid £166 to clear one of my smallest debts. It felt so good! :) Its a drop in the ocean but its a start.

The feeling for once of paying off something out of choice was amazing!! For that reason I would love to join this challenge. I realise I'm not going to be able to make huge payments every day but I'm hoping that even putting a very small amount into a savings account each day until I've enough to make an overpayment to one of my high interest debts will keep me motivated.

Well welcome aboard to the lovely friendly world of padding! welcome-wagon.gif?w=700&h=
    sashybo wrote: »
    Hi all, just my usual £1 to loan no 1.

Welcome to the PAD thread Debtfreein5yrs :hello: It doesn't matter how much you are padding or even if you can't always make a payment every day - this challenge really helps you get into a different mindset and is always very supportive.:beer: Well done on clearing one of your debts. :T

And remember one of my mantras :). tis not going down (or getting into debt) that's the crime but staying down (never having your Lightbulb moment)

Really no hard and fast rules about padding and just pull up a pew and pad when you can

E
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
    :dance:
  • LittleMissDetermined
    LittleMissDetermined Posts: 8,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 6 March 2017 at 8:26AM
    Morning everyone

I'm back from hols and had to sort out the budget and pay quite a bit this morning... back to the grindstone! A lottery win would be nice :D

Anyway, my catching up PAD is £1123.75 please

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • mandz1
    mandz1 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Sunday 5th March total

£110.62
    PAD Maker
  • sunshine81
    sunshine81 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning,

I've been putting money from selling my old stuff into a savings account. Then I realised that was stupid when I'm paying interest on a credit card.

So today's PAD to the Barclaycard is the money I made selling in February, which is £251.10 x
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Morning all,

PAD of £75 to OH bc for me today please :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi all, forgot to post yesterday (baby brain) :eek: so pad of £2 today.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • KayCat
    KayCat Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hey all,
    £1 to CC3 again today. Thanks :)
    £5785.17/£24,950 ... £19,164.83 to go ! :eek:
    Emergency Fund (284.22/1000):)[/SIZE]
  • wewilldoit
    wewilldoit Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi
    Just £1 into savings pot today thanks x
  • Hi