Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Tea I am concerned about your cocodamol levels. Ironically taking them regularly can cause headaches. X

Absolutely. It's now the paracetamol causing rebound headaches that is the biggest problem (that and the long term liver damage). Vicious cycle!
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lambyr wrote: »
    Calley - I don't know how much this will help but I've never really thought too highly of myself either. I have a self-deprecating sense of humour, which really just serves to mask my own insecurities. I think we all have a habit of identifying what we perceive to be our worst traits and amplifying them........

Thanks Lambyr.

I don't need to be in a relationship. I am happy on my own most of the time. And I was happy and on an even keel before I meet lego man. Starting to like myself.

I cared to much and went at it like a bull at a gate. But when someone says they called to talk to you because they had not seen you in week, and want to hear your voice. When you meet up with them give you a massive hug and tell you they missed you. And texts you many times a day. I thought it was ok to let him in. Then bam I get hit by a train.

And all the things I know deep down I am, just disappear and makes me feel weak, a failure, stupid and hurt. Makes me believe that there is something wrong with me. As it just keeps happening. So I can't come to any other conclusion then its me. I know that I can have a normal relationship and play it cool.

But its finding someone who is not going to mess me about and is serious about wanting a relationship. Just not sure I want to let anyone get that close again.

I did go out and meet a man for coffee at 12. He is 9 years younger than me. Seems really nice. It was a spur of the moment thing. We chatted over night as he could not sleep either. And its rare for me give out my number and meet someone that quickly. But it sounds like he works long hrs and when not working he is with his children.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    it sounds like he works long hrs and when not working he is with his children.

It's good that you were open to meeting up with someone but, bearing in mind the above quoted part, please be careful not to invest too much. If he's got very little available time you need to be sure that you'll be okay with that and just enjoy any time you do spend together as a pleasant distraction and not end up feeling that you did something wrong if he doesn't call.

I hope that, if nothing else, it at least took your mind off of other things for a little while.

I just ended up buying the first of IzHe's silly Christmas presents. I don't normally read IWOOT emails but the header said something about Unicorn string lights so I opened it. One of their 'deals of the day' is a spy pen for a tenner. I'm sure it'll be utterly useless but our stocking presents are always ridiculous and I'm sure it'll amuse him.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Izadora wrote: »
    It's good that you were open to meeting up with someone but, bearing in mind the above quoted part, please be careful not to invest too much. If he's got very little available time you need to be sure that you'll be okay with that and just enjoy any time you do spend together as a pleasant distraction and not end up feeling that you did something wrong if he doesn't call.

I hope that, if nothing else, it at least took your mind off of other things for a little while.

It was a just an ego boost as I said he is 9 years younger. And got me out the house and my mind off stuff.

I just ended up buying the first of IzHe's silly Christmas presents. I don't normally read IWOOT emails but the header said something about Unicorn string lights so I opened it. One of their 'deals of the day' is a spy pen for a tenner. I'm sure it'll be utterly useless but our stocking presents are always ridiculous and I'm sure it'll amuse him.

I love the sound of that. I love to buy xmas stocking pressies for people.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 16 August 2016 at 5:44PM
    Options
    Going to penguin this, not because it's bad but I am being honest about co-codamol addiction

I am with you tea, do be careful with the co-codamol Lambyr. I have been taking it for 15 years and I am the same as tea, totally addicted now. They can't give me anything else for the arthritic pain because like Lambyr I take a high dose of medication for stomach acid which I cannot mix with ibuprofen or aspirin at all without becoming very ill (we are talking rectal bleeding, stomach cramps and vomiting) so there is literally nothing else to prescribe but paracetamol and opiates. They can't take me off of them because the pain is unbearable with just paracetamol alone so this is the way it has to be. It isn't fun though when you are hunting down the side of the sofa and through every bag in the house for a pill and it's because you are craving them, not in pain. It really can be that bad and that's without mentioning the physical withdrawal if you run out. If you don't need regular opiates then please everyone, stay away and try to find an alternative. If you do need to take them, please stop after 3 days unless advised by your doctor.

End of a pretty harmless penguin
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Aw, I am glad you had a nice time today, Calley. The man sounds sweet! There is nothing to stop you meeting potential friends for coffee, etc like that. It could be a lot of fun! Just make sure you are both aware that they are casual meetings so neither side expects anything more permanent. Just keep it light for both of you.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well this week is so far proving to be one that I will not look back fondly on! :rotfl:

Seems the microfilter in my house has died. My net connection started playing up as I was responding to your post about the addictive nature of co-codamol, tea and after much tinkering, discovered that my router no longer detected the presence of a microfilter. Phoned the nice man at Sky and played dumb to get a couple of freebies sent out (he ran the diagnostics and identified the microfilter issue) so now using tethering to get online... my 1GB monthly data allowance may not be sufficient for this for too long! :rotfl:

Just to say though that yeah, I know co-codamol is an opiate and therefore has addictive properties. I'm taking as little as I can. Haven't had any since my dose at about 11-12am and hoping to get through the rest of the day without taking anymore before tonight. My aim is for tolerable levels of pain, rather than being pain-free at this point. :)

Calley, for what it's worth, I understand. I don't really let anyone in. I've hidden and walled off things from everyone, even E, though she is closer than anyone has ever been allowed to get. It still scares me now being with E, knowing that if I mess things up I could lose my best friend.

It's a shame there's no easy way to meet the people who think like you, calley. I know guys and girls who say pretty much the same thing - they want someone serious, not someone who will waste their time, or who has ex-related complications, or will mess them about. I think there's so many who have those experiences.

But like I say, none of this was your fault. You met a guy who seemed keen, who was in contact often and seemed to make an effort for you. Anyone could have fallen for that because it's what most of us want. In a slightly more complicated way it's why I'm with E now, because she does those things and it makes me feel loved and makes me love her back.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options

I got that email and saw them too! We also buy daft stocking fillers! :D

Tea, that's quite concerning :eek:
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Don't panic too much Lambyr, I have been in a romantic relationship with my old best friend for 25 years this month and known him for 27 years, it can work out very well. WaSp and I have often said if we split we would still remain best friends because that was how our relationship started and after knowing each other for this long we are irreplaceable to each other, really we are still best friends before anything else. There is no reason if you and E ever split (and I really hope you don't, ever) that you couldn't still be wonderful friends.

I love stocking fillers! I make a stocking for WaSp every year. I used to make them for our cats too!

• Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy 25 year anniversary, WaS!

I try not to panic too much! I have some moments when I think I really should have done things a lot differently in the past (like the whole not having inadvertently made her feel awful for more than a decade) but I can't change that, and we're where we are now and I like where we are now. And tbh if she's stuck with me this long then I have to believe she's not going away :)
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback