Options

Comments

• dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi folks!

There's a new top easy access savings rate. Birmingham Midshires is paying 1.45%

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest#bm

How long before another bank launches a 1.46% account? :cool:
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 December 2017 at 12:42PM
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    Just as well I didn't wait as the advisor suggested.

Variable rate up 0.15% to 0.55%.
    Bonus rate down 0.15% to 0.65%.
    AER unchanged at 1.2%.

So much for the hype of 1.35% if opened after 1st December!!!

My 1.2% should be uplifted to 1.35% but currently none of my savings accounts are showing the 0.15% increase when viewed online.

Mine neither - still 1.2%. I've just looked at opening a new account. Same figures as you quote - 1.2% - and rates stated as of 1st December 2017.

Huh!
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Mine neither - still 1.2%. I've just looked at opening a new account. Same figures as you quote - 1.2% - and rates stated as of 1st December 2017.

Huh!

From MSE Top Savings Accounts:
    " If you applied before 1 Dec, Tesco has told us that your rate WILL rise to 1.35%".
  • polymaff
    Options
    From MSE Top Savings Accounts:
    " If you applied before 1 Dec, Tesco has told us that your rate WILL rise to 1.35%".

Well, I hope so, and maybe the online banking website will update at midnight, but my "applied for before 1 Dec" Internet Saver is still showing 1.2% :(
  • clivep
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi folks!

There's a new top easy access savings rate. Birmingham Midshires is paying 1.45%

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest#bm

Not just for new accounts...
    "If you have applied for a Internet Saver account between the 6th October 2017 and 1st December 2017, you will automatically receive the rates shown in the table effective from the 1st December 2017".
  • polymaff
    Options
    Not just for new accounts...
    "If you have applied for a Internet Saver account between the 6th October 2017 and 1st December 2017, you will automatically receive the rates shown in the table effective from the 1st December 2017".

Huh, a bird in the bush! Applied 8th November. Still waiting. :(
  • claire07
    claire07 Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As I'm still waiting for them to get the one I opened at the beginning of November up and running I might be better off opening the latest one.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So much for the hype of 1.35% if opened after 1st December!!!

As far as I know, Tesco never said they would offer a rate of 1.35% for accounts opened after 1st December - the 'hype' was from MSE members who were speculating this might be the case, whilst other forum members were making the point the 1.35% should be achievable on accounts opened before 1st December.

As a variable rate account with a fixed rate bonus it is best never to take anything for granted :(
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • clivep
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Huh, a bird in the bush! Applied 8th November. Still waiting. :(

... any day now.

Seems to normally take about 3 weeks minimum.

I just applied for another account as I hadn't spotted the bit about the new rate applying to existing accounts. As an existing customer opening another a/c was easy as it completed most of the detail and was set up online in a few minutes with no need for a cheque and the initial £1 deposit will be taken by DD from the linked account. This being the case I could probably have set up my linked account as one without a chequebook rather than changing this later.

Interestingly, the previous account opened on 3rd November was no longer showing online. Maybe this is due to having just changed the linked account and it won't appear again until this is set up???
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ... I just applied for another account as I hadn't spotted the bit about the new rate applying to existing accounts...

...Interestingly, the previous account opened on 3rd November was no longer showing online. Maybe this is due to having just changed the linked account and it won't appear again until this is set up???

Do BM allow you to hold more than one Internet Saver? I've had a look on their website and can't find any reference to whether or not it's possible. I vaguely remember I read somewhere on here that they only permit one account, but then my memory isn't what it used to be!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback