I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• Traffic hold up everywhere , so it seems. I was going to go to my bank and pay james . Got as far as top of Ashley cross and had to go back . While waiting for bus , dentist phoned and wanted to know if I wanted my appointment earlier . I got there for 11am ahead of the 11.15 appt
    Root canal stuff . Took ages . Got the yellow bus for a change to Poole Paid into bank with numb mouth . Just having a hot chocolate in Nero with bawling babies . Will be back home soon
  • Felt Ropey as hell this morning . I'm half asleep and jimmy phones.
    I had to remember what other accessories I wanted , but he is great so far.
    Phoned council tax up . I have to pay full council tax in my new property until I move in . Grrr! Got a bill from utility warehouse . I will pay that once I I e reading next week .
    Just got my hair cut in penn hill . Nice polish lady did a great job .
    She seemed to like me . I'll make that my regular .
    Great vibes in Bennett patisserie( give me a break :)

Beginning to warm up now and feel better :)
  • Just arranged a direct debit with Wessex water. Nice chap on the phone. £28.45 to start off with, but tbh I expect it to be a lot more.
    I will be on a water meter in my new home , which is new to me .

Regarding the council tax . I told them a white lie ( moving out of present property on 1 may ). I will call them back and tell them the truth ( moving out 29 may ) when my new bill arrives.
    This means I get charged full council tax , and not a single person discount until 29 may which peed me off somewhat.
    Still , at least I know where I stand .
  • Just went over to my flat. My landlady sent me a nice card .
    Got a couple of keys cut .
    Apparently tomorrow is record store day. Friend wants to go to Bournemouth early . I'll do that . :)
  • Yesterday , as with most mornings felt Ropey etc
    However, I agreed to go with my friend to record store day . This meant being at my local bus stop at 7.30 am

Eventually, got to vault records in Bournemouth around 8 am
    With this record store day malarkey , certain ltd editions made for that day across the world are sold and then deleted , making them collectable. Something like that . I didn't plan on buying anything , however £100 later says I did . I know I know! To be fair, I haven't imho spent bucketloads on anything much except essential things in my later pages of my previous thread . So, I let my hair down , what's left of it .
    I will give big yellow storage a call to see how much notice I have to give them to move my belongings out . I think it's 2 weeks , but if it's 4 then I really have to start planning .
    I won't do any more painting in my flat for another few days until James has done his business .
    I have to make enquiries about shutters for flat . Not sure about Hilary's or local . I'll have to see.
    I'm thinking about getting a sofa that opens out into a computer workstation for my gas room / music room . Not sure . They look
    Good , but not too sure if they are , and if they are too expensive.

In a way I'm glad I never looked at the flat across the way . The ceilings in this flat are paper thin . The kids / baby are running around for most of the day bawling like baby buffalos. Okay for short term , but not all the time .
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The thing you need to remember AC, is that all those little spends add up to big amounts. That old phrase, "Watch the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves" is true.
    I bet if you added up all those small spends (including the coffees) you'd be surprised at how much they come to.

I've never heard of a sofa that becomes a computer desk, do you have a link?
  • True gigervamp :)
    There are various makes, but studybed is one of them .
    Too lazy to do link . If you google deskbeds then that's another one to look at. Some of them are children's beds ,,obviously not for me .

Was also thinking ' 'hidden office ' . These are not beds, but small foldaway offices . Cheaper too
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    There is no harm in having a little splurge from time to time as long as it does not become too much of a habit.

You could allocate yourself some money for treats each week. If you overspend, slowly claw it back from future weeks.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • Thank you karonher !:)
    I put down to a one off. Back to being a good boy now .

Just been over to collect post from flat .Had a look around, and came away with more ideas.
    Lots of boxes for the bathroom everywhere , so I didn't stay as long.
    Probably this time next week, the bathroom will be done .
  • dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have to make enquiries about shutters for flat . Not sure about Hilary's or local . I'll have to see.
    I'm thinking about getting a sofa that opens out into a computer workstation for my gas room / music room . Not sure . They look
    Good , but not too sure if they are , and if they are too expensive.

I used a local firm for my shutters AC and paid about £1500 (I think) 7 years ago for a medium sized bedroom window and a medium sized bay window. I had "tier on tier" shutters so I can open the top windows easily and often have the top tiers folded back in the day. Just be aware that they don't completely block the light so you may feel you need curtains in a bedroom if you like it very dark (as I do).

Studybed AC??? - Definitely a want and not a need - what's wrong with a bog-standard computer desk and a blow up bed for those occasional guests? Or a small sofa-bed? Or is it just me who discourages guests from staying too long?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure