Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 22 February 2018 at 11:59PM
    I don't know if anyone tried the Quorn Balls - people probably stuck to the other three products vs M, although the Quorn Balls should work. I don't know if people got scared off by my earlier perhaps sounding caution for them? I was honestly going to try one of the Quorn Balls on my final shop tonight. I was going between "shall I try them and why not just stick to the others as you know those will work?" - of course, I then thought "go on, try them" and looked for them in the store freezer and... no Quorn Balls. So, I ended up not have them available to try even if I had wanted. I had seen some in the store earlier in the day (I had to go back:( because I was so concentrating on Quorn and Easter eggs that I completely forgot to include milk in the shop, which I actually needed:o - so, I ended up doing another shop, but was able to get more Quorn). However, no Quorn Balls by later in the day - I obviously tried to preserve the Quorn Fillets in the store by mixing them behind the others, and that was successful, but the Quorn Balls - I wanted the others anyway mainly - got away.

It'd be typical if they didn't work and turned up on a womble telling us after the event - no surprise they should be bought by other people in that situation as they always buy the wrong thing.

Vs M
    2x Quorn Meat Free Pieces (300g) £3.80 £2.00
    1x Quorn Meat Free 8 Sausages (336g) £1.90 £1.00
    1x Quorn Meat Free Southern Fried Bites (300g) £1.90 £1.00
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £1.40 £1.00
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) £1.48 £1.50
    1x ASDA Smart Price Wheat Bisks (24x18g) £0.69 £0.70
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sliced Carrots in Water (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x ASDA Smart Price Cooked Ham Slices (400g) £1.49 £1.50

I miscalculated a bit as, when I did a shop to get the milk, I was thinking I'd be paying £1.50 for it - concentrating so much on the competitor price that I was 2p short and had to rejig the shop instore. Curly Wurly still works, as it should, as it is still on 4 for £1 offer as far as I know - it has been 4 for 80p in the past, be typical if it ever goes back to that (probably via straight full price) and make it better than it currently is. It still works but I had to use a version of Cadbury Buttons 14.4g instead of the Chomp as my store has gone OOS - I think my Buttons today are the other one to what I happened to buy a few months back as this one today did pick up the mbuy but the previous ones didn't, so it seems there are two versions (it is so long ago I have completely consumed the previous ones I bought so can't say if they are the same BC or not as I have not kept any record, although I'd imagine they were different) and both of them fail to appear.

Meanwhile, Black Jacks haven't been comparing against an M mbuy for a few weeks - my understanding is that they are full price in M and no longer on offer.
  • shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Milk chocolate digestive biscuits 300g in T 29p value range, they must be changing the packaging.

Afternoon peeps.

Can't see my Easter egg in pending, is that right?
    Same here but I did get email confirmation of receipt. I've tweeted them because a later submission for maltesers showed up almost immediately. TCB are so inconsistent.
    aau1 wrote: »
    I screenshot the order confirmation screen as well as the nectar offer. It saves faffing about when you get onto live chat

I am still waiting for the latest points to go on but I will give it another week or so.

I see that my wifes account and my account both have 1000 points on our next booking as of today. :j :j

700 here!

Just posted all my details on twitter for my missing 1000 points, my original transaction didn't show either and my nectar card number is definitely there when I go to checkout.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    28059502_10155517866834071_4498032026953591947_n.jpg?oh=dffc91e271f98f9c1ee3ca149a3f3ec9&oe=5B0F311D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooo:mad::mad: no details got?

No. Just dented his door and front wing and didn’t leave any of their details. He was parked in the BB spaces. Sainsbobs will look at cctv but not hopeful.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    Good morning beautiful people

Various boots brand deos reduced to clear instore
  • Mir! wrote: »
    Couldn't wait so just been chatting to 'Courteney' and she says she has added my points to my account and they should show up tomorrow* :p

Thanks so much hampydoodums for your help!

*Already arrived!!
    Morning luvlies, you're more than welcome, glad you got it sorted :)
    bubbs wrote: »
    Thanks but put 1/2 on tonight , not happy as been good:mad: so 4 lbs now:o

Hello :wave:
    Well done:T:T:T

Picaso , AJ and Izzy hope you are all better soonx
    Chris DH's passport was accepted today:T:T he lightened it himself:rotfl::rotfl:

It will come off next week, I'm sure :)

For those who take asthma meds check your inhalers, some have been recalled. Mine are all ok, thanks to the dark side, came up on my wattsapp messages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43144944
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Thanks to the dark side again, this one is for cinema goers. Sat 10 March only, if your Cineworld has an IMAX auditorium you can book tickets for just £3. Dunkirk, IT and Beauty and the Beast amongst the films they're showing :)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cineworld-imax-festival-all-films-3-on-saturday-10th-march-beauty-and-beast-it-guardian-of-galaxy-etc-2898617
  • Email received from Nectar, ideal for anybody booking an expensive train journey. Enjoy 500 bonus points and 50% Off Virgin East Coast, code is in the email, book before 25/02.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning luvlies, you're more than welcome, glad you got it sorted :)

It will come off next week, I'm sure :)

For those who take asthma meds check your inhalers, some have been recalled. Mine are all ok, thanks to the dark side, came up on my wattsapp messages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43144944

Thank you.
    Interesting reading if you scroll down, about how a scarf can help in winter for asthma sufferers.

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Email received from Nectar, ideal for anybody booking an expensive train journey. Enjoy 500 bonus points and 50% Off Virgin East Coast, code is in the email, book before 25/02.

See, typical, 2 days after I spend loads of money on tickets, they bring this out, they did it before to me. grrr!!! :mad:

Morning all, its Friday :D
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills