Barclays account "under review"

Options
124»

Comments

• MoneyManBene
    Options
    starM wrote: »
    For large credits bank can ask for document proof but there should be timescale in which bank should make a decision or ask for further evidence.

Someone said its been 3 months and the account is still under review. That's totally unacceptabe.

We have just sold a property and l20k has been transferred in our account. The money is available and we are hoping the property we are purchasing completion will be done by next Friday.

Now if bank freeze the account because of large credit and took a long time to make a decsion on it. Who would be responsible for our losses especially if we loose the property.

All banks are same but I have seen allot of news of Barclays. Just keep away from Barclays for large deposits.

3 months is unacceptable? how do you know 100% that person is not in receipt of fraudulent funds? how do you know 100% they have not been money laundering? i'm glad you take random peoples stories on an internet forum as gospel. " oh no the Banks are evil, these people on here must all be salt of the earth kinda folk "
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    3 months is unacceptable? how do you know 100% that person is not in receipt of fraudulent funds? how do you know 100% they have not been money laundering? i'm glad you take random peoples stories on an internet forum as gospel. " oh no the Banks are evil, these people on here must all be salt of the earth kinda folk "

You do know you have replied to a thread that's under 5 months old ?
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    You do know you have replied to a thread that's under 5 months old ?

18 months more like, no reply to the situation.

I assume everything was either sorted, or remained locked or the OP returned back home, (if left education)

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    18 months more like, no reply to the situation.

I assume everything was either sorted, or remained locked or the OP returned back home, (if left education)

Westie983

Nice, your the first 1 to spot it so a prize will be winging its way to you.

Yes I hope after this time the OP has sorted it out.
  • z_k93
    z_k93 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    BARCLAYS MAKING ME HOMELESS
    I’ve got a really bad situation as well.
    Barclays reviewed my account in April this year and closed it, I raised a complaint which started another review and ended last month in Barclays reaching the final decision of “returning all your money, taking off anything against you in credit files AND compensating you £700 for your troubles.” For which they made me travel back to UK during COVID that cost me more than the compensation amount, to fill a transfer of funds because they still wanted to close my account. I did all that and was told my money would be transferred in 10 working days. I am now abroad again because my wife works in Dubai. And it’s been 17 working days and I have just been informed that my “account is under review” again?! Which makes no sense because I was told I had no account and the money was being kept in a “separate internal account.”

How can they re-review an account I don’t supposedly have after officially reaching a final decision already and making me travel dangerously during COVID as well?!

I have now raised the case to Financial Ombudsman who have prioritised my case because all my savings are in that account and we have to move back to UK because my wife has been let go during COVID. After the move, we’ll have no money left and will be on the STREETS and HOMELESS. The worst part is that my wife is pregnant and we will have to leave our beautiful cat behind as well. It is all heart-breaking.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    z_k93 said:
    BARCLAYS MAKING ME HOMELESS
    I’ve got a really bad situation as well.
    Barclays reviewed my account in April this year and closed it, I raised a complaint which started another review and ended last month in Barclays reaching the final decision of “returning all your money, taking off anything against you in credit files AND compensating you £700 for your troubles.” For which they made me travel back to UK during COVID that cost me more than the compensation amount, to fill a transfer of funds because they still wanted to close my account. I did all that and was told my money would be transferred in 10 working days. I am now abroad again because my wife works in Dubai. And it’s been 17 working days and I have just been informed that my “account is under review” again?! Which makes no sense because I was told I had no account and the money was being kept in a “separate internal account.”

How can they re-review an account I don’t supposedly have after officially reaching a final decision already and making me travel dangerously during COVID as well?!

I have now raised the case to Financial Ombudsman who have prioritised my case because all my savings are in that account and we have to move back to UK because my wife has been let go during COVID. After the move, we’ll have no money left and will be on the STREETS and HOMELESS. The worst part is that my wife is pregnant and we will have to leave our beautiful cat behind as well. It is all heart-breaking.
    We know, you posted your own thread, which is getting replies.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • povo
    Options
    Hi can anyone Help. I received a text yesterday from barclays advising that my bank cannot be used and all my cards have been stopped, i thought it was a spam/hack type txt message so tried to log into my app and was denied access as I had been blocked. Long story short I have rang the bank and they told me by account is under review and therefore suspended for 7-10 days, they wont tell me what this is about or why it is happening but I basically live a boring life, my wages go into my account and I may lend friends or family the odd £10-£20-£50 and they will send it back. I dont have big funds in my account or any shadiness going on to make anything suspicious so why on earth would my account be frozen, how is this even legal to leave me without any money, they told me I could go in with wage slips to prove my money to be able to get some out but I advised I had £100 in cash that should do me for the week, worse thing about this its in the pandemic and no one is accepting cash so they have left me in a really shi tty position. Is then anyone with any information who can tell me if this is normal? Of I had big lumps of money going in I would understand but like I said earlier i have a small amount of money in my account and live a very boring life. HHEEELLLPPP    
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    povo said:
    Is then anyone with any information who can tell me if this is normal?
    Yes, it's normal that when an account is placed under review in this way that they're not allowed to tell you why or how long it'll take to resolve (due to the constraints imposed by the relevant anti money-laundering legislation, and no, that doesn't mean they're accusing you of money-laundering), and also normal that they allow limited withdrawals with supporting evidence, to avoid genuine hardship.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback