SOUTH WEST WATER Increse

123457»

Comments

• tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Tori
    Oh i see. If no one posts an answer to my post above i'll, get my bill and mention via here what it says on the bill.

Reading through the links that Cardew posted looks like it was a 5% rise for metered customers, i will hazard a guess it will increase considerably next year as the fella that fitted mine said a lot of people bit the bullet and fitted meter's this year due to the RV rise
  • Hank_Marvin
    Hank_Marvin Posts: 267 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2011 at 3:17PM
    Well got my bill and it was £20-94 for 1 Cubic Metre. Junes bill was £21-73 so cannot understand why its a little bit cheaper if we have had a price rise. I'm a low user and because of that i'm being hammered. My mum used 10 cubic metres and the bill was £63 which works out at £6 odd a Cubic Metre.
    water 1x 1.8126
    sewerage 1x 3.0537
    standing charge is £16.21 !!!!!! turpin got away with less and he was hanged .....
  • I'm on SWW and used to pay £13 per month (on a meter, one person and a dog in the house).

Got a letter last week which is putting my monthly charge to £26 per month. When i phoned SWW to ask why the change they told me it was because of the price rise. I asked how much the price rise was and the operator told me between 8-10%. She was unable to answer why my payment had then doubled. She thought that perhaps because SWW have now gone to 6 monthly billing instead of quarterly, the charges would be higher. Or she thought perhaps my usage had changed (it hasn't). I managed to get her to drop it back to £20 per month.

Forgot to mention - I am also £86 in credit with them! My £13 per month was more than they were billing. They won't give me it back either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure