HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• pebbles2911
    pebbles2911 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 November 2009 at 7:54PM
    I have used them twice now. I knew what I would get as they tell you on the web when you complete your forms. On both occasions I have received more than they quoted as I had weighed it all at 9 carat and some was 14 and 22. I also had some where I wasn't sure if it was gold or not i.e. couldn't find a hallmark. I got money for this as well - honesty for you. Both times, I have posted monday and the money has been in my account Tuesday. I have recommended this company to others.

I initially used this company as you knew what you would get before you sent the gold. Majority of those that have popped up recently don't tell you what you are going to get and you can't find out what they will pay per gram.

Happy to also forward on the emails from both dealings with HGM to MSE if you want confirmation I have dealt with HGM. If you want confirmation I am a genuine customer.
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    Mikafan wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I just looked at their site and they say they do NOT return or buy diamonds! :confused: I have emailed them before, and received no answer.

Sorry Mike they have changed their website since I last looked at it. T's & C's now state:
    • Do you buy diamonds?
    No, We only deal in precious metals (please see the section below regarding stones within your scrap jewellery.
    • Do you buy Other Stones?
    No, all stones that are left in items of jewellery that are sent in are non returnable and are either smashed out or melted along with your metals. Under no circumstances do these stones get returned. The section on the form that states "RETURN NON GOLD ITEMS" does not mean stones this refers to items such as costume jewellery and other fake goods. In most cases stones are removed by either crushing them out with a hammer or a vice, When this method is not possible stones are melted along with your gold. Hatton Garden Metals will not be held responsible for the loss of any stones you fail to remove. Should you wish to keep your stones we suggest that you have these removed before you send your items in for scrapping, as stone removal is not a service we offer.

When I sent my stuff in they were definitely buying diamonds as it said to contact them for details.
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • i have used them twice and always founds them to be very good even returning an item when they thought i would get more if i sold it privately!!
  • I used Hatton Garden Metals to sell some old / broken 9ct gold and platinum jewellery. Rate given was slightly higher than original quote, as Hatton Garden use current daily rates. Weight I sent was the weight they paid out on. Really couldn't have been simpler; gold sent on Monday 16th November (special delivery); delivery acknowledged and remittance advice received the next day; cheque (£357) arrived day after that. Would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending.
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Got around £205 for 27.1 g of scap gold. Cash4gold offered me £109 -says it all!!!!!!!

Gold fix advertised on HGM website. Money paid into my account the day after I sent it (special delivery). Why get less than your gold is worth. I would have no hesitation in using HGM again.
  • When did you use it This week
    What did you send it Monday
    How much did it promise you £208
    How much did it deliver £208
    How efficient was the service Great
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason N/A
    Anything else other people should know No
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
    • When did you use it: Oct/nov 2009
    • What did you send it: 9ct, 18ct and 22ct broken, worn and old jewellery
    • How much did it promise you: £676
    • How much did it deliver: £666
    • How efficient was the service: superb, received payment direct into my bank account the same day they received my package
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason: The gold price fell a little on the day they received mine and stones and other none gold bits left in items had to be removed before a price could be given. one item was 18ct and I had included it in the 22ct bag.
    • Anything else other people should know: I received a telephone call from them giving me a price because of the 18ct/22ct gold mistake and the call was before the daily gold price change of the day.
    • I took the 9ct gold was taken to a local merchant offering the same type of deals, they offered £180 HGM paid me £372
    • royal mail special delivery should be used, it cost me £5.80 for insurance cover of £1000 and I used a small jiffy bag.
    • I weighed my jewellery on kitchen scales but theirs are accurate to a fraction of an ounce.
  • Nexuss Everyone has their first post and I wonder how many of those are in response to newsletters?

I've actually posted about Hatton before yesterday on another thread, its interesting when a company receives a few positive comments (regardless of individual post counts) its
    presumed to be something underhand.

Just to clarify I am not a spammer and I don't work for Hatton!
  • I found them to be brilliant. I checked the amount with the "sell Gold" calculator on their site, posted off my gold registered post and on the day they received my gold the amount stated was paid into my account. Other sellers stated a delay of one week. I had previously sent my gold to another gold buyer in Cornwall but found through a friend that hatton Garden paid a higher rate so I immediately requested the return of my gold. I was very happy as the change netted me over £160 more!
  • MrsB2100
    MrsB2100 Posts: 793 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I used them back in Spetember this year (and posted about them somewhere) - excellent service, very reliable and they paid more than I was quoted! (The gold prove had gone up overnight). I'm about to use them again - will be posting some more off tomorrow. Highly recommended by me - I WILL be using them again!
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be gloomy, when the sun shines out your bum? :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport