Google Maps on top.

Is there any way to keep Google Maps on top when I make a call or a phone call comes in?

I've looked through the options and can't see anything.

Thanks.

Comments

• You should be able to minimise the call and then keep seeing the maps.

You can on iOS anyway.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,794
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You should be able to minimise the call and then keep seeing the maps.

You can on iOS anyway.

Well, yes you can, but I don't want to be messing with the phone when I'm driving so want a way to keep it always on top.
  • Ah - I see.

You could stop the calls coming through on iOS, probably not ideal, and I believe calls minimise as a matter of course on Android.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I take it that your vehicle doesn't have an infotainment display and/or doesn't support Android Auto / Apple Carplay?

With my car, using Android auto means that calls are handled separately and Google Maps remains in the infotainment display.
  • RichardD1970
    Forumite
    DoaM wrote: »
    I take it that your vehicle doesn't have an infotainment display and/or doesn't support Android Auto / Apple Carplay?

With my car, using Android auto means that calls are handled separately and Google Maps remains in the infotainment display.

No, just old fashioned standalone Bluetooth :rotfl:
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,574
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    On android just enable Picture in Picture mode in the Google Maps setting. Then when you receive a call, the maps will still display on top in a quarter of the screen, and will automatically maximise when the call ends.
    poppy10
  • RichardD1970
    Forumite
    poppy10 wrote: »
    On android just enable Picture in Picture mode in the Google Maps setting. Then when you receive a call, the maps will still display on top in a quarter of the screen, and will automatically maximise when the call ends.

Thanks but not really what I'm after. I want the whole screen to stay as Maps. The dashboard display will show who's calling, I don't need the phone to switch display at all.

Oh well I'll keep looking but may have to upgrade the car instead :rotfl:
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029
    Forumite
    Oh well I'll keep looking but may have to upgrade the car instead
    Or perhaps just ignore telephone calls whilst you're driving and keep your full attention on the road?

I'll get my coat.
  • RichardD1970
    Forumite
    Chino wrote: »
    Or perhaps just ignore telephone calls whilst you're driving and keep your full attention on the road?

I'll get my coat.

If i'm using my phone as a satnav then it will take calls. I am trying to minimise the distraction of having the screen change from the map.

But thanks for your input! :T
  • If i'm using my phone as a satnav then it will take calls. I am trying to minimise the distraction of having the screen change from the map.

But thanks for your input! :T
    You can use phones as SatNav devices without them being able to make or receive calls.

Would that be an option?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure