Companies House Late Filing

Hi,

We received a late filing notice last year from companies house as our accountant sent accounts, but they were not received on time.

We have a response letter from Companies House that this is not their problem and we should take it up with Royal Mail.

Is there anything else we can do to appeal?

Also - in the future, is it possible for us to prepare the accounts? This is a limited company set up to just own the share of freehold between two flats. There are no financial transactions with the company.

How would we prepare the return?

Thank you

Comments

• chrismac1
    chrismac1 Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Why anyone is filing on paper via mail I don't understand. Electronic is quicker and more reliable. And if their server later snarls it up, you have the submission confirmation so they need to ditch the fine pronto.
    Hideous Muddles from Right Charlies
  • Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    The joint online system for Companies House and HMRC for a company with no trading income is pretty simple to do on a DIY basis. You may also be able to claim that the company is dormant, but check that with the current accountant before you finally part company with them!
  • pred02
    pred02 Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 November 2018 at 12:26PM
    Apodemus wrote: »
    The joint online system for Companies House and HMRC for a company with no trading income is pretty simple to do on a DIY basis. You may also be able to claim that the company is dormant, but check that with the current accountant before you finally part company with them!

Thank you. Is there a software that can help me prepare this so I can self file? Or must I pay an accountant to file on my behalf?

Regarding the dormant company, we are 2 owners who own one share each. We do not have a bank account through which split management costs, if something comes up (i.e. fence needs to be replaced) we deal with this off accounts. The only thing in the company name is the building insurance for the 2 flats.

Can I make the company dormant so I do not have to pay the fees and deal with hassle of filing every year?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure