Dacia Duster (2018 version)

12346»

Comments

• How is the Sandero? My daughter is looking at them for her first car.

I like the Sandero Stepway and will possibly buy one.
    A bit higher than the standard Sandero - looks like a 4x4 but isn't ;)
    I've asked a couple of owners their opinions and only got favourable feedback.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 July 2019 at 11:05AM
    Arklight wrote: »
    Well as long as you get to brag about it on the internet, eh chief?

Overtaking is a capability of any normal car and any competent driver. Speaks volumes you see it as bragging
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    motorguy wrote: »
    Overtaking is a capability of any normal car and any competent driver. Speaks volumes you see it as bragging

Yes yes, your car is jolly fast and you are the best driver ever. Well done.
  • motorguy
    Arklight wrote: »
    Yes yes, your car is jolly fast and you are the best driver ever. Well done.

Nope, just a regular normal driver doing regular normal things. Interesting how you have perceived it though.

As I said, I think that speaks volumes.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Everybody going slower than me is a bimbling incompetent.
    Everybody going faster than me is a maniac.
  • motorguy
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Everybody going slower than me is a bimbling incompetent.
    Everybody going faster than me is a maniac.

Arklight is clearly of the latter mindset.

If people chose to drive slowly then I make no judgement of them other than as to whether or not I want to travel behind them and if it's safe to overtake them. They may have a particular reason for driving slowly.

If they're driving erratically then I'd rather be in front of them than behind.

If someone wants to drive faster than me that's fine too. I will help ensure they can overtake safely by driving at a steady speed.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    How is the Sandero? My daughter is looking at them for her first car.

SWMBO is enjoying hers (non-Stepway version). Hers is the 1.0 Sce (non-turbo) version - when I drive it I notice how high it revs (4k+ at 70 mph), but then again my own car is a diesel Insignia so any petrol-engined car is going to seem revvy. :)

If your daughter can stretch I'd probably suggest going for the 0.9 Tce version.
  • I have just acquired a new Duster with the 1.3 150hp engine. I would have preferred the Diesel, but the promotion on the petrol version was not resistable. I tow a small caravan, and checked out safety and suitability before making my purchase.

I have been impressed by the torque of this small engine, and have not missed the 2 litre diesel that I traded in.

The fittings are entirely adequate, although not luxurious, and the camera system is a real boon. Parking assist has made hitching up my caravan a much simpler task as I can now reverse the towbar precisely to sit under the caravan hitch, and the all round cameras have made it much easier to judge parking close to a kerb. That is essential for me as I have to keep the car on the road in a street that was never intended for parked vehicles.

So far both driving solo and towing have been comfortable, and I have found the more upright seating comfortable for an ageing driver.

My only gripe so far is with the sat nav, which is provided by Media Nav, apparently a Renault owned company. Its address list is less complete than on the Tom Tom system that I had previously, but even more to the point, its system for adding Points of Interest is rubbish. There is no facility for adding file sets of locations such as those often provided by everybody from supermarket chains to my caravan and camping clubs. That is really frustrating to put it mildly, and I ahve voiced a strong complaint with Renault.
    The Media Nav system is otherwise pretty good, although it lacks the Tom Tom facility to send error or update reports. To date I have covered only a few hundred miles, but I do feel as if I have purchased a lot of car for my money, and with the three year initial warranty included feel pretty satisfied with my purchase.

I should add that I went close to the limit of my budget, and was additionally swayed by a promotion that included a full size spare wheel in the price. The cars are normally supplied with the foam emergency kits, and unfortunately the diesel options can only be fitted with a thin spare because of the position of the Ad Blue tank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure